brown slime algae?

Mappelbaum37

I just got rid of red slime algae in my tank and only dosed once in my 75 gallon with chemi-clean red slime remover. A goldish brownish algae has taken its place. It has completely dominated the rocks and sand in the tank. Do you think it could be cyano still and instead of it just being red its changed color?

- Has anyone ever heard of E-M tablets also known as Marison. Supposedly it is a cyano bacterial remover that only removes the cyano in the tank and no other bacteria or nutrients...

Thanks a lot

does the this stuff collect lots of bubbles?

what kind of flow do you have it the tank..

sound more like dinoflagellate's then cyano

Does it look like this?

110682mini-Sand04.jpg

110682mini-Sand06.jpg

110682mini-Sand07.jpg

110682mini-Sand08.jpg

oh...well it was a phosphate remover...I think Im gonna pick up a phosphate remover tomorrow at my LFS and do a 10% water change before that...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11639328#post11639328 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Mappelbaum37
oh...well it was a phosphate remover...I think Im gonna pick up a phosphate remover tomorrow at my LFS and do a 10% water change before that...

before and while you have a phosphate remover try to limit the phosphates you put into the tank

feed your fish less at one time
rinse all frozen food with r/0 water
make sure the flow in your tank is between 20-40 tank volume per hour
direct a power head at low flow areas
one a week take a turkey baster and baste the rock and lightly baste the substrate--it gets the phosphates etc back into the water column where they can be filtered off
consider running a refugium with cheato algae--great for reducing phosphates and nitrates'
make sure the flow through the sump matches the output of your skimmer--other wise unskimmed water is being returned to the tank

Back