Bubble algae on snails only

jtydell

Turbos with bubble algae, I have four turbo snails with bubble algae on their shells, I do not have any more bubble algae in my tank anywhere, should I remove the snails and clean the algae or not worry about it?

It will come and go. if you have good water balance it won't become a problem.

I have water balance issues but I vote take them out and clean them. Every nook and cranny in my tank has it. It grows easily, spreads easily, and it floats through the tank to other parts of the tank, the sump, and in the powerheads. I'm going to have to temporarily relocate the fish and remove the live rock and substrate to get it out. I already did that with the sump and put filter socks on the overflow to keep it out.

I have water balance issues but I vote take them out and clean them. Every nook and cranny in my tank has it. It grows easily, spreads easily, and it floats through the tank to other parts of the tank, the sump, and in the powerheads. I'm going to have to temporarily relocate the fish and remove the live rock and substrate to get it out. I already did that with the sump and put filter socks on the overflow to keep it out.

I had an outbreak, I used Vibrant. It took a few weeks, put it's completely gone now. I have since stopped using it. Be sure to follow the directions to a T! Do not overdose.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vibrant-aquarium-cleaner-reef-formula-underwater-creations.html

Easy peasy, remove the snails, peel off the bubble algae and use a toothbrush to scrub their shells with hydrogen peroxide.

I appreciate the suggestion. Perhaps I'll relocate the fish and treat the tank while they're out instead.

You can, but no need to. My tank has 11 fish, and loaded with SPS and LPS coral, zoas. No issues what so ever. All inhabitants looked fine.

Back