Bubble algae

bcb577

I've had bubble alge in my 14 biocube for the last few months for the most part the bubble Algeria congregates loosely in one are of my tank which I either duo hen or manually remove it with a net, I think I know why it's soreadinf so fast my tuxedo orchid rolls over it sticking it to itself to camouflage itself thus popping the algee releasing the spores . My question is is there anything I can add to the tank other than green emerald crabs to stop this infiltration! Right now I can only contain it but getting very frustrated

Products like reef flux or vibrant can help rid a tank of bubble algae..
What are your nitrate and phosphate numbers? Keeping them low will also help

I struggle with bubble algae off and on in my 75 gallon, when it starts coming back I know I need to add a couple more emerald crabs. They do a great job in my system.

Whiskey

I think they are pretty hit and miss as far as bubble algae. I think most thing we place in our reefs to rid pest tend to not really be effective. JMO

After many months of manual removal and losing the battle badly, I started dosing Vibrant at 1.5x the suggested dosage weekly. I didn't notice any change at all for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it just started turning whitish and within a couple more weeks was gone completely. I now dose vibrant at 1x about once a month and haven't seen a single bubble in at least 6-8 months.

After many months of manual removal and losing the battle badly, I started dosing Vibrant at 1.5x the suggested dosage weekly. I didn't notice any change at all for a few weeks, then all of a sudden it just started turning whitish and within a couple more weeks was gone completely. I now dose vibrant at 1x about once a month and haven't seen a single bubble in at least 6-8 months.

Good deal, I have a small patch of bubble and may give that a try.

Dealing with Bubble Algae, I had an issue with my ATS going down and it really got bad... now it's back up and running a few days I'm looking to give it a month or so and perhaps dose vibrant, not sure how it will effect the ATS though

Vibrant also worked for me. However it takes a long time to work (at least within recommended doses). For me, it took close to 1.5-2 months to start working and BA disappeared around 4 months mark.

Dealing with Bubble Algae, I had an issue with my ATS going down and it really got bad... now it's back up and running a few days I'm looking to give it a month or so and perhaps dose vibrant, not sure how it will effect the ATS though

The vibrant will compete with the hair algae. They claim they have special types of bacteria that actually target algae and attack it, but I'm not sure how much it effects hair algae. It certainly does for bubble algae though. Either way, it's nitrifying bacteria and it will compete with any algae for resources. Your scrubber might struggle while you're dosing.

my wife has bubble algae in her redsea 170. bought two emerald craps and they didn't even touch it. just started using vibrant last week. hoping to see some results soon

Back