bubble coral unhappy

Frizz

I have a green bubble coral that just doesn't seem happy in my tank. I have moved it around a bit & can't seem to find the right spot. At this point, I think that it doesn't like the lighting. We have t-5 3 daylights & 3 blue actinics that are on separate timers. I have moved the coral closer to the bottom of the tank but once the Actinics come on it squinks up.
Suggestions anyone?
Frizz

How can I shade it & still insure that the zooxanthillia don't die? I had a big pink one for years with no problems under MH. Are the greens more light sensitive or was I just real lucky first time around?
Thanks,
Frizz

I have one, too, about the size of a grapefruit. It seems to like it best where I have it tucked at the moment, under the arch of a rock---half of it in mh strong enough to grow acros and the rest of it in perpetual shade. The shaded-side bubbles are larger than the sunnyside. And it's doubled its size since. I think if you just keep part of it in the sun so to speak it'll share the wealth to its zooxanthellae.

I will look for a more shady area. I have another question though about placement. I have 2 other LPS in the tank, one at each end. One of them is a closed brain & the other, I was told is a bubble but it has smaller polyps with little "nipples" on them & is a different type of bubble than the green one. Are they close enough species wise that they can be kept closer to one another? I only have 2 areas of the tank big enough for this coral where it is shaded & the one farthest away from the pink booby bubble is currently ocupied by a huge red ball sponge that I really don't want to disturb.
Also, do I need to worry about the proximity of the bubble to zooanthids?
Thanks,
Frizz

Back