Butterflytown - 240 FOWLR

The tank is looking great! I've never kept tile fish before. Do you think they'll be too nervous with all the other fish around?

The tank is looking great! I've never kept tile fish before. Do you think they'll be too nervous with all the other fish around?

Initially yes, but once they get used to the tank they become very tame. The two purple tiles that I had were some of the most tame fish I have ever owned.

The big challenge with these fish is honestly keeping them in the tank. If there is a hole, they will find it.

They have the most beautiful color, especially their eyes.

Here are a few more shots...

I'm trying to figure out how to get my camera to work a little better for me. I've got a photographer friend, but he's out of town at the moment.

My fish are are a lot less fuzzy in person...

Thanks guys, they benefit from me trying to keep the octo well fed. It's becoming a challenge with him, I think i'm going to be building an automated feeder that can supply mysid, ROE and possibly arctic pods throughout the day while i'm gone. Should help down the road with some of the other species I want to keep.

Nice fish and photos!
(I love fat fish) :rollface:

Means a lot coming from you.

I hope they start to display spawning behavior some day soon. It seems audacious to even say it, but I would love an opportunity to try and raise fry from them some day.

Exciting day tomorrow, finally get to start moving fish from my holding system over.

Planning to move the regal, rainfordi and probably some damsels.

That is exciting!! Don't you also have a flavirostris? What species of damsels?

I do have a flavi, he'll be in the last batch added.

I added my starcki, rainfordi and regal this morning.

I've got four or five talbots that I'll add tonight or tomorrow, they are in the sump and will take some effort to remove.

I'll throw some pics up later if the new additions are being photogenic. I didn't realize how big my rainfordi is until I added him.

I always imagined "Butterfly Town" as having more....butterflies!

:lol:

Looks great so far.

I always imagined "Butterfly Town" as having more....butterflies!

:lol:

Looks great so far.

I know, I was just looking at my current fish, and with a couple new arrivals I have comng tomorrow, I think I'll have more angels than butterflies. Doh !

Time to start hunting for the butterflies.

Regal

Other side of the misbar

Regal and Venustus

I think this is everybody.

I've got a Red Sea Regal and two Multifasciatus coming tomorrow. Hopefully they ship well. I'm going to leave the lights off tomorrow, but I'll put some pictures up on Saturday or Sunday if all goes well.

Not sure how paring a Red Sea and Non Red Sea regal is going to go... time will tell.

And yes, I know those are still mostly all angels.

Back