Bwhit1406's 90 gallon Rimless SPS Reef

That scape looks really good! Wish I could have that sort of imagination when it comes to scaping... I literally plonked the rock in and hoped for the best lol! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That scape looks really good! Wish I could have that sort of imagination when it comes to scaping... I literally plonked the rock in and hoped for the best lol! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thank you, really wanted some negative space in this tank, and give coral room to grow.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Looking good. I really like the way the canopy is coming along. What kind of fish you thinking about for this tank?

Looking good. I really like the way the canopy is coming along. What kind of fish you thinking about for this tank?
Thank you! I kept all my smaller fish from the 150, but since I have sand in this tank i want to add some fish I could not barebottom. Current stock would be Clowns, wrasses, pajama cardinal, dottyback.

Some shots with one kessil on
57be38f9144a445697f754e05aad68de.jpg
bd8818ac40a8bff5c9409875c2662ac6.jpg

Just letting the tank do its thing added 2 more blocks of xport no3 bricks for a total of 3. Been busy with a work project, here is a picture of its brain.
ba3fc69dc13e3384c27e5e02cab47217.jpg
505a5a2257be488a713ce07d2f1c923a.jpg

Tank is coming along nicely, but this last month has been long days and short weekends for me so still alot of detail work left for the tank. I have had the chance to add some clean up crew, and a few small fish. No issues so I plan to start transferring my fish this week. I also traded the SRO 5000 skimmer for a SRO 3000. Once I get all the fish in time to start transferring the corals!

Made it through power loss from Huricane Irma! Hopefully adding some more fish and some coral this weekend

Found out my buddy that was holding my coral colonies did not do as well in the storm. I ended up with 2 colonies that survived but not in great shape. He was nice enough to cut me some generous frags from his main system to help me start over though.
0289e6ed8b6b9a4ed1b8743575317605.jpg

Been awhile since my last update. This tank has been slow going and decided to let it mature some. Finally got my water station to a more functional level before Thanksgiving which has been a big help.
5b3d28774206363c3c25d6cdf48e6655.jpg

I decided to simplify my lighting, removing the halide, lowering the kessil and T5's after getting some inspiration from a fellow reefer. After a couple weeks I noticed improvements with color and growth which were both pretty stagnant. I have been slowly raising the intensity every week since. I have also started to add some additional corals to the tank now that I feel it is stable and I have the lighting dialed in.

Back