C. Pylei with M. Meleagris?

BigBlueTang

Hi everyone!

Was just wondering if I would run into problems with a C. Pylei with a Meleagris leopard wrasse in a 75. The leopard wrasse has been in there since the start of July and is doing very well. The leopard wrasse is my baby and I would not like it to get beat up. Also could do a C. Rubrimarginatus instead of the Pylei, but the vendor said the Rubrimarginatus is more aggressive.

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance :)

Not entirely sure on the two you picked , but overall how is the leopards personality? If I were you I would pick least aggressive but thats bc I think the Leopard is an amazing fish and would hate to lose one.

Not entirely sure on the two you picked , but overall how is the leopards personality? If I were you I would pick least aggressive but thats bc I think the Leopard is an amazing fish and would hate to lose one.

The leopard is pretty bold. She used to get bullied by my royal gramma but now during feeding it's the other way around. My leopard is my favorite fish in the tank :) However, I think the Pylei is amazing too and would love to add it, just trying to make sure I won't have aggression problems.

It's not an either or, sorry, I phrased that badly. I want to add the Pylei, will there be aggression between them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never had a Pylei, but read they can be somewhat aggressive for a Fairy Wrasse. I have four Flashers, four Fairies, a Blue Star Leopard and regular Leopard Wrasse in my 150g. The Flashers just bicker amongst themselves. The Fairies mess with each other and sometimes pick on the Flashers. The two Leopards just chill--no aggressiveness shown nor received from any other fish.

Depends how much of a Wrasse-hole the Pylei ends up being, but I think you'll most likely be fine, especially with the Leopard established first. Use an acclimation box. Or get a more peaceful Wrasse like a Pintail, Lunatus or some Flashers.

Awesome. I have an acclimation box ready. I found a Pylei for a great price, that's why I'm asking :)
Thanks for sharing, and I'd love to see pictures of your tank.

There should be no issues between those two, but pylei is more aggressive than rubrimarginatus. Although, the latter also gets a bit larger.

I think the Pylei should be fine in the 75, but it may be a little more aggressive in there than in a roomier tank. Or it could be totally fine.

I think the Pylei should be fine in the 75, but it may be a little more aggressive in there than in a roomier tank. Or it could be totally fine.

Awesome! Glad hunter agrees as well :)

I'll update this thread once I get him into quarantine.

Back