Calcium Reactor Questions

Lance A. Lot

SLASH Member
What pressure do you guys run out of your CO2 tanks first stage?
Do you turn the tank valve all the way on or just until you get a certain pressure?
What pressure should I have between my co2 tank and bubble counter?
Have you found that your reactor chamber/polishing chamber can't handle very much water pressure before leaking?
I was running my water in-fluent off of a small line connected to the main system pump (petty large pump). Then through a precision gate valve. I think I will change to a much smaller mag drive because I can't stop all the small leaks at the gaskets of both chambers even after cleaning o rings and greasing them up. I feel like I may have to much incoming pressure on the in-fluent side.

Here are some related photos:
bf24842318d5c74c903fa398c0a7d095.jpg
d1ff6705237a3dd3eac9e6e0dca81a6a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I turn my CO2 tank knob just a turn so it's releasing gas, it usually reads 800-1000. Opening it up further doesn't change anything significantly. The next gauge's pressure determines bubble size, more pressure larger bubble and vice versa. I typically do 6-8 on that one.

Looking at your setup, that bubble counter chamber is supposed to be run dry I believe. Brass should not be in contact with your water ever. I think your system is setup wrong possibly?

Looking at your setup, that bubble counter chamber is supposed to be run dry I believe. Brass should not be in contact with your water ever. I think your system is setup wrong possibly?

I filled the bubble counter 4/5ths of the way with RO/DI water. So the brass isn't touching the water directly but still will come in contact with it. If I drain that chamber how will I see any bubbles at all?

I will adjust my pressure down to 7-9 lbs. I think I have it running around 10-12lbs now.

Last edited:
Also it is entirely possible I have it set up wrong. I was given a blown out Milwaukee regulator that had the pictured bubble counter and solenoid valve attached to it and a new CO2 welding regulator. The solenoid valve attached to the bubble counter doesn't work but failed in the open position. I have another solenoid valve not pictured that is in line between the regulator and the pressure gauge in the first picture. I was told to make it work so this is what I came up with. I took the bubble counter off the blown out regulator and combined the working parts of both.

Sure! its been more than a year and a half since we have been as a club. I have seen some of you here individually. I will talk with management and see if I can get something after hours during the week.

Nook, does your Milwaukee ph controller have a built in bounce timmer or something like that? Like does it immediately open the solenoid back up at 6.6 if I had it set for above 6.5 or does it wait until 6.7 etc?

Back