California was good to me.

phlipper84

Went to California last weekend and brought back a couple of things. Figured I would give you guys a look and see what you think. Just wish I wasn't restricted by the 50K limit, definitely degrades the quality of the photos. Finally found a replacement for the fire and ice zoos that went at the auction without me knowing it.javascript:smilie(':)')
93829zoos.jpg
The purple and greeny piece towards the back was so weird I had to bring it back. The picture does not do it justice at all.
93829wierdone.jpg
93829group.jpg
93829echinata.jpg
93829blastoplate.jpg
We really liked the color of this one and my wife is so into anything that is not brown, this just worked!
93829acro.jpg

I want to say it is some kind of pocillopora. However, what I know about sps names fits in a thimble. My wife just gets it for the color. I know that I have seen the brown version where they kind-of look like mittens (sorry, being highly scientific now) but I have never seen pink like these.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6898235#post6898235 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by phlipper84
I want to say it is some kind of pocillopora. However, what I know about sps names fits in a thimble. My wife just gets it for the color. I know that I have seen the brown version where they kind-of look like mittens (sorry, being highly scientific now) but I have never seen pink like these.

ya they do look like mittens and my wife saw one a few months ago no she aways telling me to keep an eye open for one. im still looking for ID on the web but no luck yet.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6898288#post6898288 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kirstenk
Could be a stylopora.
i tried that but the pics i find on line dont really look the same, it my be me though. thanks kirsten

Back