Can I keep a Rose Bubble Tip Nem with Black Widow ?

Axel33

I am not sure if is compatible to keep them. I had them in the tank they war close to each other and after I think 8 months one of them started to move and it disappears in my tank then I could not find it. I also had renbow nems but I never had issues keeping reinbow nem and rose bubble tip nems

They’re all bubble tip anemones so they should be fine. I have a few different colors of e. quadricolor in my tank with no issues.

I'm not sure that they would do fine, just based on them being bubble tips. I've tried incorporating some greens into my rainbow nem tanks and the greens have always withered away, about 4 times now.

3826079c2feededf4fdcf5bc2f702d5c.jpg

I think they will be fine together.The higher end bubble tips can't.I keep my Colorado sunburst and Chicago in separate tanks because it has been tried several times with no success.

It has nothing to do with them being "higher end". Some BTAs don't mind being together and some do. It's as simple as that. Some BTAs tend to be colonial(split a lot) and others tend to be solitary(rarely split). I don't know if that has something to do with it or not, but you should always keep an eye on any tank that has more than one anemone, even if they are the same species.

A lot of people have tried to, and the results aren’t good.For some reason the csb and Chicago don’t get along with each other and other btas.

I'm not sure that they would do fine, just based on them being bubble tips. I've tried incorporating some greens into my rainbow nem tanks and the greens have always withered away, about 4 times now.

3826079c2feededf4fdcf5bc2f702d5c.jpg

I experienced the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just an update after a few years. My Black Widow disappeared little by little. I have a lot of rose bubble now. I think maybe I should have placed them in a bigger area.

Interesting. I have plain (brownish/rose) BTAs, Rainbows, and a black widow in my wife’s 32 and haven’t had any issues yet…

Not sure what happen. Also I had Rainbow and Rose. But not sure what happen with the black widow.
Do you have any pictures of them?

This is an old pic. I’ll have to get a more recent pic when the lights kick on
AD00C9C4-DF09-407C-B74D-1450B11A5568.jpeg

Wow such a difference in coloration between the black widow and rose. Black widow is top right?
When I had them in my tank were on the same place touching one another.

Yes the black widow is the top right. I keep forgetting to take a recent pic. The black widow has walked down to the bottom right and the BTA in the bottom right now touches the black widow. I’ll have to get a better pic. Here’s the black widow from last month with actinics only, orange filter, and minor after shot edits
E202207B-44E2-4B06-910D-D1861C86F350.jpeg

Back