Can I stop feeding my fish frozen foods?

One fish

In Memoriam
Hey guys. quick question. I have been feeding my three fish frozen foods like marine cuisine, brine, and mysis. Can I go back to just pellets after 8 months? Will they eat it and survive???:uhoh3:

I used to feed my fish New Life Spectrum pellets, and supplement with both Hikari and PE Mysis, along with either some Agar or Sprung's sea veggies on a feeding clip.

i feed my fish only pellets mostly nls brand and nori. they're all fat and my ocellaris pair is spawning regularly.

NO!!!! Fresh, frozen, and live foods are best for your fish. Other than algae flakes, if it is processed, do not feed it to your fish. Ever see a pellet on a reef?

NO!!!! Fresh, frozen, and live foods are best for your fish. Other than algae flakes, if it is processed, do not feed it to your fish. Ever see a pellet on a reef?

I disagree. As long as it's a good quality food, there is nothing at all wrong with pellets. I feed almost exclusively New Life Spectrum pellets, using a bit of Rod's food or frozen mysis as an occasional treat. If there were going to problems from doing so, I would think they would have already shown up in one of my tanks over the last 25 years or so that I've been using NLS.

You should feed a variety, if they are eating it.
I happen to love steak, but I don't want to eat it everyday.
My tanks get flakes, pellets, frozen, fresh and nori on a regular basis.
But not 'everything, all the time'.

Why would you want to? Like kmbyrnes said, variety is good. Some foods may contain everything your fish need but the best way to be sure is to feed a wide variety.

I currently feed LRS, Hikari and PE mysis, NLS pellets and Sea Veggies (nori). May add some home made frozen in the future.

I agree we feed our fish a mix of frozen sprctra pellets sometimes some flakes. Freeze dried Krill and a huge mix of the frozen foods as well...as well as nori for the tangs..
Also Live macro algae from our fuge ..
The BIG Vlamingi in the pond Gets Live Caulerpa from Fuge and Frozen Krill.. She will NOT Eat the Freeze dried Krill unless i hand feed it to her for some reason.

flakes tend to be more balance. just make sure you buy a high quality flake. feeding frozen foods sometimes isn't as balance. or should i say harder to feed a balance diet.

the discus expert jack watley did an experiment. not to bore you with all the details. but he feed one tank beef heart and the other flakes. he notice under microscope,the flake fish had better digested the food. for what its worth

Short answer is; depends, as long as they have no special dietary requirements that flake can't fill. Yes, they will go back to eating flake if they ate it before, and they will survive. As long as you are feeding good quality flakes, alternating a few different good brands, why would they die?

Back