Can I use this as a stand??? The price is right.

M3AN ONE

Attachments

• IMG_3126.jpeg
    IMG_3126.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 19
Can this double as a stand for a 4x4x2 rimless glass aquarium. If so I struck gold

I’d totally do it. The only problem I see is the feet. That’s literally a ton of weight on four pressure points…you’re going to want to add some surface area somehow (unless it’s going on a concrete slab). I’d probably run a couple of 2x4 under the feet to distribute the floor weight a little .

…and don’t forget to skin the top with something to make sure you have a level surface!

I’d totally do it. The only problem I see is the feet. That’s literally a ton of weight on four pressure points…you’re going to want to add some surface area somehow (unless it’s going on a concrete slab). I’d probably run a couple of 2x4 under the feet to distribute the floor weight a little .

…and don’t forget to skin the top with something to make sure you have a level surface!
This^^^

I would say, No. That 4,000lb capacity is static weight meaning it will hold that weight. But if someone leans on the side of the tank, it could bend over because there is practically no lateral support. Those 4 sheet metal angle supports in the corners won't do much to keep it from tipping sideways.

I'm not sure, wonder if @BeanAnimal has any thoughts on this?
I would agree with Paul.
1709232740788.png

My issues:
- Legs are U channel, welds are on one side of the channel. These will flex.
- No list of tubing gauge, so i can't calculate deflection.
- As Paul indicated the rating is a static load rating. I am sure there is some margin of safety built in, but how much?

You could get specs from OEM and we could go from there.... but for a bit more you could have a local welding shop build something far more substantial with known member sizing and easy calculations for deflection.

Dang I guess I didn’t look at the listing close enough. Didn’t see the U channel. Can’t say I’d trust that to be fair (not including other issues brought up).

Not only that there are bolts for adjusting the height of the table in the legs. Those 4 bolt would be holding all the weight. They could shear right off under too much weight..

I would agree with Paul.
View attachment 32397438
My issues:
- Legs are U channel, welds are on one side of the channel. These will flex.
- No list of tubing gauge, so i can't calculate deflection.
- As Paul indicated the rating is a static load rating. I am sure there is some margin of safety built in, but how much?

You could get specs from OEM and we could go from there.... but for a bit more you could have a local welding shop build something far more substantial with known member sizing and easy calculations for deflection.
The picture you have up is for the adjustable height one. The one I ordered has no bolts. Also looks like it’s a V channel not sure if better or worst than a U. I am going to roll the dice since I already ordered it glad it’s a only a 240 4x4x2 instead of a 300 gallon 4x4x2.5 also feet look different from first picture to second. First picture feet look more sturdy

Last edited:
The picture you have up is for the adjustable height one. The one I ordered has no bolts. Also looks like it’s a V channel not sure if better or worst than a U. I am going to roll the dice since I already ordered it glad it’s a only a 240 4x4x2 instead of a 300 gallon 4x4x2.5 also feet look different from first picture to second. First picture feet look more sturdy
When it shows up we can take some measurements and run some rough deflection calcs.

That definitely makes me feel better. The adjustable legs was a major turn off

Back