Can I use this as a stand??? The price is right.

The picture you have up is for the adjustable height one. The one I ordered has no bolts. Also looks like it’s a V channel not sure if better or worst than a U. I am going to roll the dice since I already ordered it glad it’s a only a 240 4x4x2 instead of a 300 gallon 4x4x2.5 also feet look different from first picture to second. First picture feet look more sturdy

I would contact the manufacurer to find out what it can hold because that tank is going to be near 2000 pounds filled.

Edit: forget it, I went back and I saw the weight it holds is 4000 pounds in the description..

So the stand came in looks pretty sturdy in person. How do I calculate deflection?

1710040308337.png

1710040325432.png

1710040344042.png

1710040360151.png

1710040378140.png

I put one 3/4 plywood and 2 pieces of styrofoam since it’s rimless and the stand has only 4 legs . Is that overkill?

I like it, but I still say the load needs to be distributed over more surface area. Put something under those feet, or you might end up with some pressure cracks in the tile floor

2x4 the length of the stand or slightly larger than the feet?
That stand looks really strong. I would find out which way the floor joists go, then I would put 2x4 or 2x6 lumber or even plywood strips laying flat under two legs on each side across the joists to hopefully prevent any tile cracking.

That stand looks really strong. I would find out which way the floor joists go, then I would put 2x4 or 2x6 lumber or even plywood strips laying flat under two legs on each side across the joists to hopefully prevent any tile cracking.
This^^

I take it that’s not up to snuff
I actually thought the steal was thicker than 1/8. It looks like bed rail to my eye which can vary wildly in strength and quality. Obviously no one wants to see you have a failure. What are your own thoughts on the stand - is it robust or wimpy?

Back