Can ocellaris clown pair and breed with snowflake clown fish?

Morrisons

I had a pair of ocellaris clown fish and the larger female died and I now only have the smaller male. I want to know if I can get a larger snowflake clown for my ocellaris to pair with. I want the best chances possible of them pairing and breeding in the future. Will the ocellaris clown pair with the snowflake or do I have better chances of just getting another ocellaris. My ocellaris clown right now is a 1 inch male. Any advice helps Thanks!

I believe snowflake clowns ARE ocellaris clowns, just with a pattern mutation. I don't see why a "regular" ocellaris wouldn't pair with it.

Yep, the Snowflake is just an Occy morph. No reason they can't breed.

For the reckon, you can obtain interspecific hybrid Clowns.

That's how the cool looking clowns were invented actualy. Breeding fish for their colors, eventualy getting to unnatrual colors and patterns. Should be no problem with any color, as long as your male doesn't switch before you get a female (or another male). I don't know if they would switc sex when they are alone or not.

I've found it easier to purchase a smaller male it's hit or miss with two larger fish. If it's only been a few days go with a significantly larger snowflake.

Back