Busy this weekend building Alan's canopy and Kevin's stand
A few pics
WoodshopIMG01446.jpg

AlanIMG01447.jpg

LAIMG01449.jpg

opgnlaIMG01450.jpg

AlanIMG01448.jpg

KevinWIMG01452.jpg

I just wanted to give a big Thank you to Dr Harry for helping us build our canopy and stand for our new tanks in his incredible workshop. Without him we wouldn't have the necessary tools or knowledge to do it. He made time for us to come by to work on it, and taught us how to operate all the tools so we get to learn instead of just relying on him to do it for us. I think Harry has every tool/machine for any job you can think of. Hes very skilled and detail oriented. We were lucky to know someone like him when we needed help with projects like these. Also would like to thank Noel aka OPG, Anthony aka Big LA for helping as well. Thank you guys for your time and effort.

WOOOOT tyvm Harry the stand is coming out great and pics will soon come when I start my 150g thread so the club can see what I did right and wrong lol again tyvm Harry and ms lopez for the great BBQ

I would love to see the canopy as well as the stand where are the pics.
Okay Harry, OPG, and Big La, next project in line is my skinning for the 450.
Food and drinks on me lol,
great job helping fellow reefers, this is what this hoby is all about.

Canopy/Stand Building NYRC Style

This is the 210 stand that Noel (OPG) is rebuilding for me. I bought tank (foreground on floor) and stand from Mike (motortrendz), but Noel thought it would be best to completely rebuild it. Not that Mike's stand wasn't ok, but it was originally 18" front to back and Mike added a 6" piece to accommodate the 24" 210 -- the rebuild is made ground up for the 24" depth. There will also be a shelf below the 210 for a 40 breeder, following Mike's original design.

DSCN9883a.jpg

The other colossal build I'm working on simultaneously is a 200gal custom acrylic ******* room divider between kitchen and living room -- this photo is taken from the kitchen -- the 210 will be against the left wall beyond the TV.

DSCN9886a.jpg

George
--

More of Xclusive252's tank stand build... :)

44ada7fd-a341-e4d1.jpg

44ada7fd-a352-0ee2.jpg

44ada7fd-a362-a775.jpg

Dr. Harry = Jack of ALL Trades.... Plus he teaches you how to DIY!

This is the 210 stand that Noel (OPG) is rebuilding for me. I bought tank (foreground on floor) and stand from Mike (motortrendz), but Noel thought it would be best to completely rebuild it. Not that Mike's stand wasn't ok, but it was originally 18" front to back and Mike added a 6" piece to accommodate the 24" 210 -- the rebuild is made ground up for the 24" depth. There will also be a shelf below the 210 for a 40 breeder, following Mike's original design.

The other colossal build I'm working on simultaneously is a 200gal custom acrylic ******* room divider between kitchen and living room -- this photo is taken from the kitchen -- the 210 will be against the left wall beyond the TV.

George
--

Lets see some updated pictures...

Lets see some updated pictures...

Yessir! Two from today:

Noel: De nada.
George: En el contrario mi amigo... you are a master carpenter!

DSCN9893a.jpg

And here is what it looked like at the end of the day today. Beautiful! Just you guys wait until I post a pic with the tank on it!

DSCN9900a.jpg

George
--

This is the complete cycle of builds... 200 Gal Tenacor Acrylic Tank Room Divider.. Seperates the kitchen from the living room.
1st started with the demo of the center island with counter top, then repositioned the right side support beam to make room to fit the tank and stand. Boxed & framed everything up and began some electrical. Removed the hanging fixtures and patched everything up. We then installed the fixture and added LEDS to it and presto.

Day1b.jpg

Day1c.jpg

Day2a.jpg

Day2b.jpg

Day5a.jpg

Day5b.jpg

No more hangging fixture..
Day6c.jpg

Complete..

Day8b.jpg

Then started on the AGA 210... yes the ORIGINAL stand was ok for a tank that was 18 inches wide... but not built for a tank 24" wide. So in my expertise... LOL. had to put that in.. it was best to demo it and rebuild... I found there were discrepencies on the original cuts.
2X4's with corners reinforced, center braces for top, bottom and sides and skinned with prefinish maple to match the exisiting furniture that was in the house. All that's left is the shelving for refug in the center and some corner moulding for the stand.

TBC....

Day9b.jpg

Day9a.jpg

0427171914.jpg

TY Stan and George... I am flattered by your words :p , however I am in no way a MASTER!! I'm still learning :reading: ! LOL!!

Wow You Guy's Get Busy! And Nice work as It's great to have all the Tools you need to do it right. I'm getting too old for all that work but have a good friend that owns a Cabinet business that does high end stuff and my stands have been amazing since.
Wish you guy's all the good Vibes on your builds they all look great. That Acrylic tank is gonna be amazing, Just be real careful as they scratch when you look at them wrong.
Bill

Back