cant connect to apex local or fusion to link?

Devaji108

Hey guys so I am in the process of setting up my new 2016 wifi apex.
fallowed the steps in the used guide went pretty OK...

got to the point where you have to set up a fusion account. got the email accepted the terms and all that jazz. but when I went to link it said time as expired or something like that. had to re-freah the page.

now I cant login into apex local dashboard with the admin or my fusion account as its not linked.

guessing I need to re link it from the local dashboard however I can log in. nor Is my apex hot spot showing up on my wifi list. so how to I get back in

in the mess of pages that you have to open and close there is one asking for the link token? what is that and where do you get it? from the local dashboard?

hopefully you fine folks know what the hell I am talking about. and can help
15 min my butt i am in 3 hrs so far...

Do you have the display? It's pretty easy to reset it with the display. I'm not sure how to do it without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did find this on another thread:

" after you connected it to your home network, (blue light turns orange), then go to your router and look for its IP address,. i.e., 192.168.0.XX, then type it in you internet explorer's address bar. It should ask you to log in, the default is user: "admin", password:"1234",

From there, you can add it to your fusion.

That's the steps I did on my apex jr, and apex wifi because I don't have an apex display."

looked on my router cant seam to find anything labeled apex or another IP address..

so doing some searching on web I found out if you look at your router address then in DHCP client list there you will fins IP of devices.
apex was not names but found it. however when I go to that address- apex local a login pop up. I use the default user name & password a got the expired tap 2nd time I tried it I got in to apex local now to see if I can link...

FYI, you'll get a faster response if you post on the forum in their website. They don't check this often. Iirc, it doesn't even belong to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks I'll post there, I did not figure they would respond any way. was more hoping/counting other reefers could help.

so I got on to the dashboard. tried to link to fusion enter log in to fusion I get the time out retry msg again.so I refresh the page but then it take you to fusion web page ( took me a few to understand why the default user name and password was not working) not apex local so when I enter my FUSION used name and password I get 401 error mgg unauthorized user...

Sorry, can't help you there. I setup my Apex over a year ago using the Classic.

As far as I remember, I looked up the IP through the display.
Logged into local dashboard with the IP.
Got a fusion token.
logged into fusion, and input token.
Fusion was linked.

Took me 10 mins maybe?

I'm not sure the procedure has changed all that much. If you can't get any help through the forum, submit a ticket. They will get back to you pretty quickly.

OK thanks I'll post there, I did not figure they would respond any way. was more hoping/counting other reefers could help.

so I got on to the dashboard. tried to link to fusion enter log in to fusion I get the time out retry msg again.so I refresh the page but then it take you to fusion web page ( took me a few to understand why the default user name and password was not working) not apex local so when I enter my FUSION used name and password I get 401 error mgg unauthorized user...

Try a different browser. As you discovered, you will need to use your Fusion username and password to log into fusion. Apex.Local uses the default username and password. Not the fusion one.

If you can get to the local dashboard you will find a tile that will give you a fusion link token. Just login to fusion and use that token to link it to your fusion account.

Back