Carpet question

uofimed08

Just wondering how long it takes (IYE) for carpet to settle down and decide where it is happy after you introduce them to the tank. I recently purchased a mint green S. Haddoni to my 2 yo 90gal display (180 total gallons). It has done excellent, buried its foot right away, has always been really sticky. It was in the LFS tank under the exact same lighting I have for 3 weeks before I bought it. After about 5 days when I was convinced it was happy I started feeding krill/silversides every other day and it takes these greedily without a problem. It tends to move within a 10 inch area on the one side of the tank. I didnt know if this was normal(its trying out different spots to see where it is happy?) or if I should be concerned that it might make a break across the tank? Again, from everything else I've read it seems to be doing very well.

How much flow do you have in that tank? IME, Haddonis aren't found of lots of flow, and that could be a reason why yours is moving.

Also, I personally wouldn't feed that much, for the most part mine (( I currently have 5 Haddonis )) are feed once every 3 weeks or so.

It has a pretty good amount of flow, except the side it is on is "shaded" from the flow by the rock work. Its where I used to keep the frogspawn and torches when they were in there.
I dont normally go out of my way to feed my anemones, maybe monthly at that. He has only gotten fed twice now, and smaller amounts than I would normally feed him, but thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it. Hopefully he finds a place he likes and stays there.

Back