Carpet Surfing

czieler

Well... I HAD two McCosker's Wrasses... the other day I am pretty sure my puffer killed one of them. So I took the puffer back to Rob's.

Now tonite...even though I had my lid on the 46 gallon, there was a small gap there...and the other one jumped out onto the carpet and died while I was out! These fish were so pretty...I can't believe I've lost both of them. Geez....bad luck this week w/ the fish :(

WOW , sorry to hear about your bad luck. Do these fish normally jump out of an aquarium? I hate it when something dies while in my care . I use to save all the fish that died in the freezer and pull them out every once in a while to look at them . Heck when you pay good money for a fish , you have to get them most out of them anyway you can . :) my wife thought I was crazy. I am, just don't have the certification. anyways better luck next time this all a learning experience. Thanks for the lesson.

Yeah...I finally got the lid when my bar goby jumped out....I just didn't realize they'd find a little space between it and the tank...so now I'm being more careful when I take it off to clean it and put it back on..to make sure it's lined up properly.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7557098#post7557098 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tbass
I use to save all the fish that died in the freezer and pull them out every once in a while to look at them .

:eek1: that is just disgusting man!

....on another note, do you think the second one jumped because his alternative was getting eaten?

Wow I was just researching those wrasses, and wow those are awesome looking wrasses....thats terrible to hear they jumped..

I use plastic canvas (craft type) to cover all the holes in my canopy to prevent jumpers. It's cheap, and still allows air flow.

what's so disgusting about saving your fish in the freezer? Its like cheap taxidermy . I just can't hang them on the wall. :)

Back