Check out this Scoly!

Good lord. It's nice but not that nice. IMO. I don't know if we will see them go down at all. They seem to be a coral that the "I got to have it" collectors like. Also seems to be a status thing. If you go to a tank with 5 Scoly Australis in their tank you know they have to be rolling in the money.

Honestly, that scoly looks typical of any "bleeding apple" but with that purple interior it's a bit different. Also...that thing is only a wee 2.5"!!!! I've seen these at the lfs for $100.

It's definitely different than any I've seen. It has metallic blue around the bottom and coming over the outer lip. Then it has a purple inner ring with metallic blue in the mouth area.

I think it's awesome but not that awesome. I would be a buyer in the $200-300 range for that.

For that kind of cash, I'd expect it to have a picture of Jesus' image on it. Or at least the "Scoly Ghost". I kill me.

Do you think we'll see Scoly's come down in price over the next 1-2 years? I want one bad, but I have a hard time spending 300-350 on one coral.
$300-$350-$600(!) for one of these seems ridiculous to me but I doubt you'll see Scolymia/Cynarina come down in price much because they're not propagated in great numbers and they're extremely easy to maintain in a reef aquarium.

$300-$350-$600(!) for one of these seems ridiculous to me but I doubt you'll see Scolymia/Cynarina come down in price much because they're not propagated in great numbers and they're extremely easy to maintain in a reef aquarium.

Ha! I killed one. A nice one too!

Back