Clean up crew member you can't live without?

Peppermint shrimp are a must.... keeps the aiptasia from going crazy with my heavy feeding. My Favorite would have to be Scarlet Hermit Crabs!

CUC member I can't live without......

My 4 year old! He holds my syphon.... measures salt for water changes..... wipes off light bulbs..... checks parameters..... Without him the whole thing just wouldn't be any fun.... And he makes sure EVERY DAY all the snails and hermits and shrimp are still there doing their job.

Funny cuz he took these pictures I photoshopped and printed to school with him.... (all photos from my tank except the amphipod cuz I couldnt snap a good pic of one). He told the class what EVERY SINGLE CUC member does (including urchin and sea star). What they eat. Spoke about the symbiotic relationship my peppermint shrimp has with the sea star. His Kindergarten teacher thought he was just blowin' smoke and went out of her way to tell my wife he was telling "stories" about his fish tank.... wife had to tell her... "Nope... he's telling the truth.". lol.

My best CUC member! My little boy!

Menace <---- Proud Daddy

Attachments

• TestCard3.jpg
    TestCard3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0
  • TestCard4.jpg
    TestCard4.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 0
Very cool! Wish my family was as interested (addicted) to this hobby as I am. Hope they follow in your footsteps brother for the next generation of reefers.

Nassarius snails

+1 these guys are great. I love the periscope just above the sand as they submarine around. All of mine come up when I turn streams off for feeding, then they dive back under. They are a huge fan favorite, and help keep my sand aerated.

CUC member I can't live without......

My 4 year old! He holds my syphon.... measures salt for water changes..... wipes off light bulbs..... checks parameters..... Without him the whole thing just wouldn't be any fun.... And he makes sure EVERY DAY all the snails and hermits and shrimp are still there doing their job.

Funny cuz he took these pictures I photoshopped and printed to school with him.... (all photos from my tank except the amphipod cuz I couldnt snap a good pic of one). He told the class what EVERY SINGLE CUC member does (including urchin and sea star). What they eat. Spoke about the symbiotic relationship my peppermint shrimp has with the sea star. His Kindergarten teacher thought he was just blowin' smoke and went out of her way to tell my wife he was telling "stories" about his fish tank.... wife had to tell her... "Nope... he's telling the truth.". lol.

My best CUC member! My little boy!

Menace <---- Proud Daddy

Very cool, Menace!!
:beer:

Melanurus Fairy Wrasse or LUNARE WRASSE keep on killing my crabs and snails. I don't know which one is it.

I consider my brown-barred goby part of the CUC because without him my sand would look atrocious....and the only reason I have him is because of his purpose. Keep shoveling that sand or out ya go!

Same here! He kept my sand nice! Sadly he died long ago and have not found one at the LFS since.

I've always liked large turbo snails the best though.

Dwarf Cerith snails. Get in all the tight spots and are so small even the hermits leave them alone.

For function, the peppermint shrimp are great for keeping aiptasia away.

For personality, the cleaner shrimp is great. She's always moving, watching us as we walk by, and launches at your hand when it goes into the tank.

Back