Clean Up Crew

okay guys

I got these 2 kinds of snails.

White Cerith and Cerith Snail (black ones)

It seems the white ones are eating the black ones as is the peppermint shrimp. Anyone else seeing a well fed peppermint shrimp eat snails.

strange, from that order I got two brittle starfish, and both of them lost all their legs! Actually I cant even tell if they are alive. Is that normal? They stay in the rocks, I managed to touch one of them with the net and it moved a little. What do you guys think? Their legs are all over the place, and they move like worms. I'm kinda grossed out :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6814210#post6814210 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reef4Fun
strange, from that order I got two brittle starfish, and both of them lost all their legs! Actually I cant even tell if they are alive. Is that normal? They stay in the rocks, I managed to touch one of them with the net and it moved a little. What do you guys think? Their legs are all over the place, and they move like worms. I'm kinda grossed out :)

I was given some that did that a while back. They lived for about 3 days. Hope you have better luck. Potentually(sp) they could each become a new starfish.

Reef4Fun let Bruce know so he can add it to the list. This order seems to have turned in to one major mess. Hope Bruce can broker some kind of fix for this.

I know, and I hate this for everyone, mainly Bruce. He has been so kind to do this for us all and took the time to package and take to JoMars. I feel worse for him than I do about my order :(

Still work on this one gang! We have had about 10 email communications and are working this out! I will let everyone know ASAP! If you have updates to your stock let me know via PM so I can accurately account for the dead in the shipment. Bruce

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6806662#post6806662 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LtPiper
Can't say that I have.... but didn't have that many survivors from the shipping thought.

Maybe the black ones were already dead before the white ones ate them. My husband was the one who saw them eating the black ones while I wasn't home. I did not get home until about midnight that night.

PM sent to Group Keyscritters! Please respond ASAP! I am on Jury duty the rest of the week! Whee...........

Me, Mary, Ron, Nancy, Phillip, Chuck, Dwight is what I have. Some other dead but not going to claim I believe.

Bruce

So that would be an extra 7.15 per person. It would cost me as much to replace them locally as it would to have the replacement shipment sent so doesn't matter to me.

What blue legs??

What blue legs??

The blue legs were a total joke. I basically received a bag of shells.....only 9 out of 50. Wonder how many we got out of the 450 we ordered? Probably close to $100 down the drain there.

The thing that turned me off the most wasn't exactly the critter loss. I can always suck it up and lose a few dollars (that has happened before and certainly will again). I sent an email to inquire and got what (in my opinion) was a very disrespectfully toned response. Maybe they got multiple emails, but there is no excuse for that.

For those that don't know, ReefCentral has a "Vendor Experiences" forum. I'd strongly recommend that you check it out regularly....as it will save you a lot of money and heartache.

I've always been thrilled to post my positive experiences with several different companies there (in my opinion there are many "good guys" including Dr Fosters / LiveAquaria, Phishy Business, Premium Aquatics, ReeferMadness, Reeftopia....all of which I'd give an A++ to).

Although I honestly don't take any delight whatsoever in doing so.....and I'm keeping it simple, this will be my first "thumbs down" review for a vendor.

If you also experienced a loss and would like to do so....feel free to add a brief comment on the thread below. Lets just keep the comments respectful. Perhaps we can save another reef club from getting ripped off and having a repeat of our experience.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=789063

Yes....

Yes....

I agree with Piper. I'll join up with the non-claimers and not be giving Keyscritters any more money.

I think I agree, they should not be charging us 50.00 to get what we already paid for.

We can't even be sure that this order would be any better. Let's just eat the loss and post so others won't buy from them. But I'll do whatever you all decide. Just let me know.

Back