Closed loop pump

xtrstangx

Premium Member
I'm looking for a good pump to run for my closed loop on my 120g. It seems like a lot of people use Sequence Darts, but I wanted to get some opinions.

I want to have atleast 2 regular outlets (maybe about 300-400 GPH each) and 2 outlets from a SCWD (too poor for a Squirt).

Originally I was going to do 2 seperate closed loops... The SCWD would be run with a Mag 9.5 and the other one would be run with a Mag 7. I already have both the pumps so I could sell them to buy a new one.

Anyways, sorry for the long post. What are you guys running on your closed loop and do you have a pic of the plumbing?

I wouldn't even bother using the SCWD. I did with my mag 9.5 and it REALLY killed the flow from it. I took the SCWD back off almost as soon as I put it on.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6512051#post6512051 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
I wouldn't even bother using the SCWD. I did with my mag 9.5 and it REALLY killed the flow from it. I took the SCWD back off almost as soon as I put it on.

I know it takes off like 50% off the pump. Thats why I figured if I could consolidate to a bigger better pump that could handle the pressure more, I'd be better off.

I'm really use the SCWD for the wavemaking, not for flow.

Back