Clowns laying eggs

DaveYardley

A pair of my clowns are laying eggs as i type this. They are laying them on the wall of the aquarium. I want to try to raise the young. Any one have any experience with this?? Would love to hear some ideas on what to do. I gather from what i have been reading i have about 8 days.

Congrats! From what I know about raising baby fish, set up a 5 or 10 gallon with a sponge filter and air pump. I would use the water from your present tank to fill it up initially if your water is nice and clean. I think they eat rotifers and possibly newly hatched brine shrimp shortly after "birth" so I would also set up a couple bottles for these along with phytoplankton to feed the rotifers. Sounds like you're doing something right so whatever that is, keep on keepin on.

PS - There has to be tons of specifics on raising clowns out there, the captive bred guys are pretty common.

Honestly, at this point, it's too late for the current eggs. you're going to have about a month untill they lay again, which they will. Time to get food culturing setup, phytoplankton, rotifers, then brine.

It's a lot of fun :)

Back