Cool Fish on Diver's Den

It's a different scientific name than the typical skunk cleaner shrimp

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yeah, but that scientific name is the one that's found in the Caribbean. Why would those be more than the ones from the Pacific (Sri Lanka) that are more commonly sold?

Yeah, but that scientific name is the one that's found in the Caribbean. Why would those be more than the ones from the Pacific (Sri Lanka) that are more commonly sold?
I dunno, they are listed as "West African" which is why I assume that they are so expensive.

L. grabhami is the Atlantic skunk cleaner shrimp species. It should not make much difference if they are from the Caribbean, Brasil or West Africa (unless you want to use them for genetic sequencing.)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

not here to bash liveaquaria since i have been using them for years. but i am amazed how how their pricing is. for example, i bought a mature male and female hawaiian flame wrasse from my lfs for $249. on liveaquaria your looking at over $400 for the same fish. last week i bought a pair of midnight clowns from the same place and paid 60$ for the pair. same fish that were on liveaquaria were $250. they looked identical and i get the same warranty. liveaquaria has always been good to me but i will only use them for something that i can not get from my lfs.
May I ask what LFS this is? 90% of my livestock is shipped anyways (2 hr drive one way to my closest LFS and about 70 miles one way). so shipping is the same as paying for gas and it's easier for me to just have them shipped to my house verses drive to local fish store hope to have what I want and bring it home. Or do they have a website? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Anyone familiar with this goby? Any experiences, good or bad?
Biota Captive-Bred Court Jester Goby
Koumansetta rainfordi
http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=356148

I've had one for about ten months -- he is fat and happy. although he occasionally takes some frozen food, he mostly sifts my sand. Unlike other sifters which can scatter sand all over he just drops the sand out of his gills near where he picks it up. The fact that my sand was mostly live sand from Tampa Bay Saltwater probably has something to do with him getting plenty to eat.

May I ask what LFS this is? 90% of my livestock is shipped anyways (2 hr drive one way to my closest LFS and about 70 miles one way). so shipping is the same as paying for gas and it's easier for me to just have them shipped to my house verses drive to local fish store hope to have what I want and bring it home. Or do they have a website? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

they do not ship out . pick up only.

200 dollars for these???

attachment.php

ORA® Captive-Bred Randall's Assessor Basslet (Trio) (Assessor randalli)

The first one looks like he should go into a predator tank... as food! The other two are also looking a bit suspicious...

Attachments

• lg-0511171-206ta.jpg
    lg-0511171-206ta.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 0
It's a different scientific name than the typical skunk cleaner shrimp

Though I'm pretty sure lysmata grabbhami should have solid whites lines on the ridges of the tail as well as in the center. Soooooo if it's a wysiwyg ... I think you guys reactions to the pricing were pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though I'm pretty sure lysmata grabbhami should have solid whites lines on the ridges of the tail as well as in the center. Soooooo if it's a wysiwyg ... I think you guys reactions to the pricing were pretty accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good catch!

attachment.php

Source: http://www.tropical-hobbies.com/salt-water-aquarium-inverts---shrimp-2

This is the WYSIWYG picture of Diver's Den's listing for a pair of West African Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata grabhami)

attachment.php

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+4&ddid=354360

And this is Live Aquaria's listing of Lysmata amboinensis:
Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
p78348ScarletSkunkClaenerShrimp.jpg

Looks like the same species to me...

There is a reason why you should be careful with unbelievable deal offerings from West Africa... most of them are scams.

Attachments

• L. amboinensis vs L. grabhami.jpg
    L. amboinensis vs L. grabhami.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
  • 0424171-007p.jpg
    0424171-007p.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 0
Looks like they dropped the price on the Tigerpyge again... wonder why this hasn't sold yet. This is one of my dream fish. This one isn't as good looking as some of the first ones that came into the hobby ~10 years ago (from what I remember), but it's better looking than some of the other recent tigerpyge offerings.

0404171-244.jpg

Red Sea Assasi Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus assasi)
0509171-066.jpg

Nice looking Trigger

And they still have this grouper..
Red Sea Cobalt Slender Grouper (Epinephelus cf leucogrammicus)
th-0125171-264.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy to pay big bucks for the super bright blue ones. But who pays over a grand for the slightly blue ones?

_cfimg4154213479414730520.jpg

My new guy. Spent a small fortune on SPS so he wouldn't starve during the weaning process, but lo and behold, he was eating brine shrimp on day 1 and mysis on day 2. He's now the most aggressive eater in my tank. He still nips at SPS all day long; he seems to really like stylophoras, and gorgonians as well.

Back