Cool Fish on Diver's Den

Bought this beauty female flame wrasse from L.A. this week. Couldn't pass up the sale price, plus I had some credit as well.

e0ef0289ff086e067721cf456aa05297.jpg

d0247420c62be9f26abda2e56cdca45a.jpg

Really hope she turns male at some point. Doing well so far, ate right away.

Several completely unacceptable fish currently listed for sale... no longer a reputable source of fish IMO. Too bad...

Attachments

• Purple Tang.jpg
    Purple Tang.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Naso 1.jpg
    Naso 1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Tailspot.jpg
    Tailspot.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Yellow Tang.jpg
    Yellow Tang.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 0
Oh, and here's a Naso they posted the other day. This one takes the cake. Are you kidding me?

Attachments

• Naso 1.jpg
    Naso 1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
I bought a randall's goby and pistol shrimp and a pearly jawfish. They were super tiny. The randall's didn't make it. The jawfish, I hope is hiding somewhere.

I thought the white lines happen when stressed and are temporary, maybe lasting a couple minutes or so. Maybe there is something else I'm not seeing.

Some of it might be temporary stress markings - but you can't find a time that the fish isn't stressed to take a pic? And judging by the tail (ragged and cloudy) - I'm going with bacterial infection.

Every fish I've bought from LA has been bigger, prettier, fatter, healthier than I was expecting. I find them to be the best place. And some fish I've bought from them haven't made it - some even after the 14 days - and I've always got a refund, no questions asked.

I couldn't imagine buying an expensive fish (over $150) anywhere else. Why would you? Ships free. No-hassle refund if something happens. Other places only give store credit, or want you to take a photo of the fish with the tail cut off, etc. Really don't want to have to cut up my dead fish.

But that's just been my experience.

Sorry, what's the criticism? That they didn't 'photoshop' the picture or that they should not have offered them up for sale? LA/DD is still the best online source for fish. Although I do tend to buy the more common fish from LA, having a WYSIWYG picture for rarer/more expensive items is acceptably transparent for me. You don't like the look of it, don't buy it.

Anyone else think that high fin coradion looks a little different than a normal high fin coradion? Seems to have a more rounded head. Cool fish either way.

Curious what everyone thinks of this one. It is (was) listed as a Sargassum (X. Ringens), which it is obviously not. Was snatched up REALLY quick. Wondering if the person who bought it thinks it might somehow be special (hybrid, xanthic, etc.)? Really just looks like a pale, very young sub-male to me. Would hate for someone to buy it thinking it's actually a Sargassum. Crazy to see LA/DD get that one so wrong.

l2ofrfg.jpg

Curious what everyone thinks of this one. It is (was) listed as a Sargassum (X. Ringens), which it is obviously not. Was snatched up REALLY quick. Wondering if the person who bought it thinks it might somehow be special (hybrid, xanthic, etc.)? Really just looks like a pale, very young sub-male to me. Would hate for someone to buy it thinking it's actually a Sargassum. Crazy to see LA/DD get that one so wrong.

What did it sell for?

I've also heard that later on it would loose all that black/bluish green tiny to just yellow

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Back