Coral Box Skimmer Club

More than a year later and I still like my d700. It's not producing as much lately, but that could be because I am using filter socks now.

Well I just had my first major issue. My impeller seized up and unfortunately it is the bearing right behind the impeller so I can't take it apart. I attempted a vinegar soak which helped some but I still have way too much drag.

Has anyone swapped their pump out? I'm having a very hard time finding the impeller or skimmer pump for the d700.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I am looking at getting the d500. Is everyone still happy with their skimmer? I currently have an sca-302 skimmer running an atman ph 2000 pump which seems a bit loud to me. Anyone have expeience with both skimmers? Is the d500 quieter than the sca skimmer?

I am looking at getting the d500. Is everyone still happy with their skimmer? I currently have an sca-302 skimmer running an atman ph 2000 pump which seems a bit loud to me. Anyone have expeience with both skimmers? Is the d500 quieter than the sca skimmer?

I went from a 303 to the d500. Much quieter as long as you keep the pump clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you hear the motor or just the air being drawn in? I got the jebao dcp 8000 for my return pump and it is dead silent.

Coral Box Skimmer Club

A very faint hum from the motor plus the air being drawn in. I run mine at 100%. I find it to be very quiet.

D500 - Air intake loud

D500 - Air intake loud

Sorry to revive an older thread but I am working with a new to be used D500. The DC-1200 pump died so I replaced with the current DCS-1200 - exact fit and seem to be pretty much the same pump.

I noticed the noise from the air pull is fairly loud now. Imagine a low pitched whirring sound that resonates through my cabinet. It's not terrible, but its no where near quiet and enough to be annoying.

Is there any way to quiet the air pull on this design? I did notice the orange cylinder that slips over the pump intake to allow the air intake fits a touch looser than on the old pump. I added a few wraps of tefflon tape on the intake thread to seal this up. It did not affect noise level but just wanted to ask if this should cause my any other trouble?

Back