Coral dying off.

foneman02

Reef was doing fine all summer, but I got lazy. Parameters got out of wack. Nitrate was 30 phos was 3.0 . Pocilipora and Stylo were affected. Birdsnest went from yellow green to white. Got numbers back in balance Nitrate under 5, pho’s 0.04. Pocilipora pieces died off, stylo hanging in there. Parameters steady now for 2 weeks. Birdsnest came back but color is now a brownish. Stylo starting to white out. Should I frag out stylo to save pieces or will it recover?

Without pics it’s hard to say. Are there any polyps in the white area? If not, it may be STN

Reef was doing fine all summer, but I got lazy. Parameters got out of wack. Nitrate was 30 phos was 3.0 . Pocilipora and Stylo were affected. Birdsnest went from yellow green to white. Got numbers back in balance Nitrate under 5, pho’s 0.04. Pocilipora pieces died off, stylo hanging in there. Parameters steady now for 2 weeks. Birdsnest came back but color is now a brownish. Stylo starting to white out. Should I frag out stylo to save pieces or will it recover?

It may be best to pull an ATI icp test.

Good luck!!

Back