CORAL REEF AQUATICS In ATHENS, ALABAMA....AWESOME!!

jfolley67

OK, when we went to Alabama today, we were introduced to John Newby who owns the Coral Reef Aquatics. This place looks small on the outside , no big signs around , but inside.......fish and coral heaven!! He said he was low on inventory now??????? He had about 10 times the amount of corals that I usually see at Fins (I like fins, so this is not a crack on them at all). I was tempted bad, but holding off until the tank upgrade. It was only a 1 hour and 15 min drive there from Franklin, totally worth the trip, so I just wanted you all to know that this is worth checking out. He can also order stuff you need. I saw some of the biggest toadstools, colorful hard corals and gorgeous zoo rocks, blastos in red with green inside, real pretty......and neat bright orange ricordias....I want one of those for sure......so just passing on the info!!
:rollface:

I've heard of this place before. I hear he has alot of stuff, but is only open on the weekedns and by appointment. Is this still true?

no that is not true at all, can't remember the hours, but open all week and on saturday's....he does have great stuff. I will post his number later so anyone can call him with questions, I have it at home.....

I got a card from him at the swap. I'm sure I'll be swinging through there at some point on my way south.

I dont know if its the same place as this, but they have the same name in the same city, CRA and the website has them only open on weekends. Maybe they havent updated it, I dont know. Just passing along the website if it is there.

what I found was their dry goods were comfortably priced, like maxi jets were not triple priced, closer to online pricing.....I liked that....I don't mind at all paying a tad bit more for convenience to the stores here because I want them to stay in business, but sometimes it is hard to think of paying double and sucking up to those prices....then I end up online....even though I WANT to support our franklin store more....

I´m travelling to Huntsville, Al in about 2 weeks. Can anybody tell me if Coral Reef Aquatics is still in business ? Phone # or email of the owner ?
Thanks

Back