Coralife t5 bulbs?

toddmau5

The frag tank t5s were looking pretty dim and the corals we turning brown. Not knowing the history on the bulbs I decide to get some knew ones, I picked up 2 actinic and 2 10k, the spectrums seemed to be the closest to the ati blue plus and ati coral plus. I was very wrong, the light is insanely white, not only is it white, it seems to be lot dimmer then the ancient ati bulbs. Even but an ati blue back in in have of one of the 10k bulbs, still not happy with it. Anyone have any experience with these bulbs?

Why not just get the ati to replace the old bulbs? Faois and cc both care them in stock. Faois is cheeper.

The coral plus is %50 blue 20%purple and % 30 white so a 10k is no where near that.

An actinic has basically no par for coral growth and it's much lower in the spectrum. Only gives off the pop like LEDs do. more like ultra violet human eye can't see this 420nm and lower. That's why it looks so dim. The blue plus is one of the highest par rated bulbs for great coral growth and in a spectrum humans can see so will be much brighter then the actinic u got. The blue plus is more 460nm in spectrum

What length do u need? I might have some used ones with life left u can have of blue plus not sure if I have coral plus

Faois was closed and is a bit of a drive. Even coral corral is a bit of a drive, I was already at Petco and figured why not, can't be that much different. I guess I was wrong. Even with the actinic there is no color pop like you are describing everything is very dim and drab. Using 48" bulbs. I'm about to put the old bulbs in even tho I'm sure they have a few years on them

Faois was closed and is a bit of a drive. Even coral corral is a bit of a drive, I was already at Petco and figured why not, can't be that much different. I guess I was wrong. Even with the actinic there is no color pop like you are describing everything is very dim and drab. Using 48" bulbs. I'm about to put the old bulbs in even tho I'm sure they have a few years on them

Call first before you make the drive to make sure they have in stock (either FAOIS or CC or...). Aquablue specials (12Kish, go a little toward yellow white). Coral Plus (15Kish so bluer than the AB Special). Also Aquacave will ship for $7. I try to buy local if they have, but sometimes they don't carry what I want :sad2:

Take the Coralife back to Petco! They will take, just raise a stink if they give you any issues :).

I have several 1yr old blue+, purple+ and coral+ that i swapped out a few weeks ago if you need them. Also, I recently went to the ATI true actinic and aqua blue special combo which I now love! You may want to check it out.

I might take a few of you up on that. I wonder of Petco will take a return lol. On the display tank I'm running 2 coral plus and 2 blue plus to supplement the LEDs and I absolutely love that color combo

Back