Cost to run a zeovit system?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15640194#post15640194 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefer08
Cost was never a factor for me while doing zeovit, I bought a Vertex reactor and waiting until I hit ULN before I started adding other supplements. Im willing to pay the extra money to get better growth and better colors on my sps. But I never got these things with Zeovit.

You said it yourself that you noticed no difference and not necessary to dose Sponge Power, Coral Vitalizer, etc.

it took my system almost a year to see popping colors from the sps. the first thing i noticed when i started zeo was the amazing water clarity after the third day of using it. i used ozone previously and never got the clarity of water that zeo achieved...nor have i ever since stopping.

yes, i did say that i didnt notice any difference with the other additives outside of the basic 4. so, i dont understand the point of your reiteration of it.

near the end of my zeo regime. part of the frustration was not being able to consistently get the supplements...esp the bac. the small bottle was too small and the big bottle was too big for my system. also, the start2 was not always on the shelf as well. i think that this was when zeo usa was going through a distributor 'transition'.

problem algae actually started to creep in when i, me, thought i was smarter than the average bear. so, i stopped food and start supplements and used vinegar and vodka. big mistake because a funky fuzzy algae developed that was easily siphoned off but grew very quickly.

colors started to slowly fade and growth didnt do much after that.

so, as one who stuck to the zeo regiment and one who thought he knew what he could substitute...i do and did notice a difference before zeo, during zeo and post zeo. i akin zeo to atkins. it is awesome when youre on it but revert back to where one was if they go off of it. i am guessing that zeo has been around for 5 years now. i dont personally know of a hobbyist still doing full zeo when i did it for 2.5 years (started april 1, 2006). it was a great system for my tank but now it is a different time in my life and, thank goodness, i am not the same person in the same situation!

Tom at socaltropicalfish carries every Zeovit product possible, always in stock. He is also having a sale currently if your interested. Just a heads up.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15641370#post15641370 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Reefer08
Tom at socaltropicalfish carries every Zeovit product possible, always in stock. He is also having a sale currently if your interested. Just a heads up.

supplement supply inconsistencies was a common thing. the first person to carry it was eric when he had frag farmer. it was a long drive for me to go to eric's...though i didnt hanging with him when i got there. then oc aquatics became a supplier, which was better but still had problems with stock supply.

it wasnt until zeo usa was under new management that supplement supply became readily in stock...but by this time, i was tapering off.

thanks for letting me know that tom carries zeo. he is a lot closer than oc aquatics and eric's frag farmer is no more!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15641326#post15641326 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bergzy
it took my system almost a year to see popping colors from the sps. the first thing i noticed when i started zeo was the amazing water clarity after the third day of using it. i used ozone previously and never got the clarity of water that zeo achieved...nor have i ever since stopping.

I'll give you the clarity. Vodka and carbon dosing does that as well but MOST sps aqauriums will show improved coloration/growth after a year or maturity. thats my problem, who can definatively attribute improved anything on something that takes 6 month to a year to happen in this hobby when vast improvements are likely o happen anyway over that time.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15641869#post15641869 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stanlalee
I'll give you the clarity. Vodka and carbon dosing does that as well but MOST sps aqauriums will show improved coloration/growth after a year or maturity. thats my problem, who can definatively attribute improved anything on something that takes 6 month to a year to happen in this hobby when vast improvements are likely o happen anyway over that time.

thanks for the clarity...but youre preaching to the choir on vodka and carbon dosing. i was doing that (to a limited degree) before zeo with results that were less than satisfactory for me. anyone who has taken organic chem knows that the cheapest and purest carbon source is...table sugar. thus, it is a great carbon source. i learned about ethanol bacterial growth in the late eighties when i took biochem 301 (or something like that)...so the news isnt groundbreaking to me by any means. the only thing that sucked about biochem was that about 25% of the final was based on that one little equation on exponential bacterial growth that i glanced over in my studying. i remember going over material with my friend and he said 'should we learn this?' i look at this one equation and said 'nah, it's just ONE equation'. during the final, he looks over to me with a pretty ticked off look. oops!

i have seen a lot of tanks that look great in a very short time that does not carbon dose...and i have seen great tanks that do carbon dose. i think that the 6 months to a year maturity for great results is a generalization but i am pretty sure that there are a lot of people who who stand up and say that their tank looks terrible even three years into the hobby. cause and effect is not the best way to judge outcome...but this is a hobby for most of us...not a science experiment. when zeo first came out. the amount of ridicule and laughter that was present was enormous...but it was the same people laughing who were trying desperately to figure out the ingredients to zeo because they were upset that it cost so much and wanted to diy. normal ironic and hypocritical behavior that seems to plague human nature.

for interests sake, how cutting edge is table sugar for third world countries that lack good sanitation in health care? i'll let those who are interested do some research and let me know what they find. work that google page. work it work it. it is pretty amazing.

vodka , sugar, vinegar, zeo etc etc etc...been there, done that. it is not important to me anymore. i like the colorful sticks that i have right now without having a seizure if i see a little necrosis.

Back