Cozumel Mexico Shore Snorkel

tenurepro

You know your are a reefer when your are staring at your tank when you are at home and staring at natural reefs when you are on vacation...

Here is a little movie of some cool fish from Cozumel Mexico. I had planned on scuba but my left ear didn't cooperate so went snorkeling instead. So nice to see tangs, angelfish and wrasses in the natural environment.

I've included a list of fish in the video description. Most were easy to ID. But one fish eluded me... if you know your Caribbean fishes, please help me ID the fish at the bottom of video and at the far right at 0:54. It's a grunt like fish, all silver with a black dorsal fin and tail. Thanks and enjoy!

https://youtu.be/Cq-AF5uKScc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video, love the juvie angels! Where in Cozumel were you snorkling?

Thanks! Yeah the juvie angels are cute! I stayed at the allegro Cozumel which is near the southern tip of Cozumel, on the west shore. They have a great dive shop on site - pro dive - highly recommended. I got a sore throat which clogged my left ear so I couldn't equalize. I was thinking of doing a couple of reef snorkeling trips, but there were a lot of life in the waters right off the resort. Didn't have my depth gauge with me but I think it was about 10 to 20 ft deep.

Great video. I've dove Coz a couple times now, and it is awesome. Can anyone ID those plants (I think) that grow up from the sand bed that look like little cups on a stalk? Always green/brown. Sort of looks like a paly without the tentacles....In the video they are all over the place- right next to the starfish is a good specimen....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks... I don't know the scientific name but they call them shaving brush macro algae at my LFS

Back