Cozumel

All my experience diving in Coz was while in port on a cruise ship, but we always used Papa Hog's. They also have a hotel/restaurant there also. Location is in town so you can walk to any of the other restaurants in the area. They also have smaller boats. Of the 4 times we have dove with them, 3 ended up being just the wife and myself, and the 4th was another couple.

You can stay at the Palace without using their dive op. We actually used Paradise Divers when we stayed there. Aldora will definitely let the divers choose the dive sites with the exception that they won't usually do two deep wall dives back to back due to the bigger tanks/longer bottom times.

Yes. Spanish would help, but totally not necessary. As I would advise anyone going anywhere, though, learn a few survival/courtesy words & phrases; people like it when you at least try...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Check out Cozumel H2O for dive op. They will take you to the best places that they feel your skill level allows,especially if you are diving more than one day . Very friendly, can pick you up from a dock at your hotel or you can meet them at the marina.

Check out Cozumel H2O for dive op. They will take you to the best places that they feel your skill level allows,especially if you are diving more than one day . Very friendly, can pick you up from a dock at your hotel or you can meet them at the marina.

Is there enough diving on Cozumel or would i need to go to mainland mexico?

Is there enough diving on Cozumel or would i need to go to mainland mexico?

There are enough dive sites in Cozumel to last a 2 week trip with 2 dives a day. No need to go to the mainland. Just do some drift diving.

dive-sites.jpg

Plus then you can go back at night, or dive the same site in a different day, and get a very different dive due to conditions. If Coz doesn't have it, the mainland won't (except cenote diving, some good bullshark diving out of Playa del Carmen, and some of the whaleshark trips, but all of those can be booked from Coz as a daytrip).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just found out I've been misspelling Dalila in my log book for 3 years. Thanks a lot chucklez!

Lol. No worries. Unfortunately I havent had an opportunity to write anything in my logbook for almost 3 years now. Wife and I have a 1yr old, so we had to take a break on diving for a bit.

That was the reef named after palancar's wife right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like I heard something like that.

That's one of my favorite sites along with Columbia (both of them), La Francesa, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, Palancar (all of them).....can you tell I like diving Cozumel?

Seems like I heard something like that.

That's one of my favorite sites along with Columbia (both of them), La Francesa, San Francisco, Santa Rosa, Palancar (all of them).....can you tell I like diving Cozumel?

The diving there is nice! I was there last December, with a new GoPro camera that I wanted to try diving with. But alas, a one week cold clogged up my ears and prevented me from diving. I did make the most of it though with snorkeling right off the resort's beach
https://youtu.be/Cq-AF5uKScc

The diving there is nice! I was there last December, with a new GoPro camera that I wanted to try diving with. But alas, a one week cold clogged up my ears and prevented me from diving. I did make the most of it though with snorkeling right off the resort's beach
https://youtu.be/Cq-AF5uKScc

That's a bummer...but good snorkeling footage. I'm always amazed at how good GoPros can be.

This is giving me the itch to go diving. Our experience in Cozumel was fantastic....we really enjoyed the drift dives...those are really fun.

Try to dive best wall dive Santa Rosa Wall...I really think it is the best Wall dive in Cozumel, cooler than Palencar.

Back