Critique my led array please

kupadupapupa

I'm debating to get a custom led fixture built and was wondering if anyone can critique the two different arrays that I have complied. The fixture consists of 55 3 watt leds, and there will be three of these over my 125. Any input is appreciated.

Edit...Sorry the first two pictures are the same. Tapatalk app is very shoddy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364847240518.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364847240518.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364847327267.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364847327267.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Go with the standard reef breeders layout and make sure you get 120 optics (i think standard now) on the reds.

Go with the standard reef breeders layout and make sure you get 120 optics (i think standard now) on the reds.

Is there any particular reason to go with the standard layout? The reason I ask is because the standard layout uses all neutral white leds which people say look too yellow, is this not the case? They also took out the green which I think looks pretty good.

The neutral whites have enough green spectrum in them so the green led's are not needed. The standard layout has almost twice as many royal blue to neutral whites. I can't imagine it would look yellow...

Two more questions, what optics should I go with for the leds not including reds? I was thinking 90 degrees?

Also, should I just order the fixture straight from the Chinese factory or reefbreeders? I have read several posts where people are waiting 2 weeks for their fixtures which tells me reefbreeders doesn't keep any in stock. Ordering straight from the factory they would also include all optics for free.

Two more questions, what optics should I go with for the leds not including reds? I was thinking 90 degrees?

Also, should I just order the fixture straight from the Chinese factory or reefbreeders? I have read several posts where people are waiting 2 weeks for their fixtures which tells me reefbreeders doesn't keep any in stock. Ordering straight from the factory they would also include all optics for free.

I would just go with reefbreeders....also, the 90 degree optics should be fine unless your lights dont cover end to end on the tank. If for example you had a 4 foot tank and your lights only covered 36" then both far left and right of the light fixtures should be 120 degree to get wider spread....does that make sense?

I would just go with reefbreeders....also, the 90 degree optics should be fine unless your lights dont cover end to end on the tank. If for example you had a 4 foot tank and your lights only covered 36" then both far left and right of the light fixtures should be 120 degree to get wider spread....does that make sense?

Well my tank is 6 foot with a tall canopy. I'm thinking that with the 90's I could possibly hang the lights higher in the canopy and not lose as much par.

Back