critique my plan please.

HornetMech242

Premium Member
So the plan is a tank from glasscages with thre 250watt XM 10,000k on IceCap electronic in Lumenarc III reflectors, 2 110w VHO actinic, Octopus DDNW-300, closed loop with OM 4 way and Dart pump, DIY sump/fuge with Dart return pump. Drain plumbed to skimmer ran externally, return pump pre-plumbed to supply a calcium reactor and types of reactors if needed.

The tank is going to have two overflows located on the back glass with each having two 1.5" holes one for a drain and one for a return for the Darts. The tank will measure 72X30X25 with the internal measurements of the overflows being 5x12. I made a diagram. All comments are welcome to hel me avoid any mistakes in my design.

Thanks

Sgt Easterday

showphoto.php

Im looking more for thoughts about the dimensions of the tank. I would like to make sure it is good before i order the tank.

And for any one that cares, i did not purposely sign the first post the way that i did.

Chris

The CL is going to be fed by a 2" drain in the back glass. The return is going to be plumbed through the overflow to a OM 4 way above the tank. How does the diagram look? Do you think the overflow configuration is good or should i alter it any?

Chris

I would go with a larger single overflow with a 2" drain and the 1.5 returns. I was going to do an OM 4 way on my tank but decided to keep things simple first.

I had two 1.5" drains so one can feed the skimmer and dump the excess into the sump and the other will feed the fuge and dump the excess into the sump. For 3000GPH i need 45" of linear overflow space, what dimensions would you suggest? With a Dart for the closed loop, do you think i can go with a smaller return pump and therefor have a smaller overflow? Maybe around 2000GPH? Would only need 30" linear overflow that way. Please help me get this right the first time.

Chris

When I finished my setup 2000 GPH is about I got with the Dart (Without the reactors). Pump curves are accurate as I have calculated 8ft of head. I run off a single drain just to feed the skimmer and then T's the excess to the sump. Maybe someone else knows about 2 drains.

Can i go one overflow in the center with two 1.5" drains and two 1.5" returns? I want to plumb the OM 4 way so its above the tank and route the sump return to the top so i can make all the returns above the tank with loc-line. I would like to order the tank on Monday so all help would be great.

Chris

Last edited:
Back