CuzzA's 125 Gallon Full Cylinder Glass Office Build

Let's hope not. :) The same can be said about Marineland and others. It seems one a month we see the thread on RC about seam failure and even more common is the cheap top plastic brace splitting. My only negative complaint so far on this tank is the eurobrace. They really should have used a stainless steel rim.

So, I pick up the two clownish and head over to the office to put them in the tank and I see this!!!! Ahhhh!!!! Oh no, this can't be happening...

4E1D56BE-7122-4906-BC0E-4164CF6D91D3_zps48qp0kbl.jpg

Heart racing, I run inside and the tank is just fine. I asked the staff what's with the Servpro truck and they said it was for another office. Note to offices with aquariums, warn the fish guy about things like that. I'm sure I lost a year off my life.

Nevertheless, I have to say once again, Bio Spira is absolutely fantastic. One week since dosing and NH3=0, NO2=0, NO3=5. No cycle. Temp was great at 78 after adding the canopy fans. Salinity at a perfect 35. Ph was a little low at 7.8. So I floated the clowns for 15 minutes and dropped them in. :)

9128370E-3F38-4799-94D7-246EF88EC8DD_zpstw09ncv8.jpg

Also a big thank you to RDM for the netting!

E09B03FD-B469-4D88-BDCC-9FF5DFBF48DB_zpsfdgfjdsk.jpg

And on a final side note, if you recall my first post in this thread mentioned my 310 gallon tank. Well, it's fitting that the day I put fish in this tank, is also the same day the 310 was delivered. :) Whew, I'm now going to have a beer and watch this game 7 lightning game. Hopefully finishing the day with a glorious victory. Keep an eye out for an awesome build thread coming on my upgrade.

D9C40F88-FA4E-4878-A254-397CD74B5FA1_zpsnzjqvxaz.jpg

Last edited:
CuzzA's 125 Gallon Full Cylinder Glass Office Build

Fosters Exotic Pets in Tarpon is the only LFS that I know of that carries it. :( Hopefully some of our other popular LFS will start to carry it. The stuff flat out works. Dr. Tim created it for Instant Ocean he has his own version too. "One and Only". Search for the video on YouTube of him on bacteria in a bottle. He does a great job of explaining it.

I agree with you on these bacterias in a bottle. I used the one ATM puts out and worked great for my last setup. I know so many people on this site that say they dont work. I know im a believer.

oh man that tank is gonna be sick. Also, where did you get that netting lid? The egg crate approach blocks out way too much light.

You can pick up 1/4" clear netting online. I don't know if any of our LFS carry it. The frame is a typical aluminum window screen kit at Home Depot. I think they sell 36" and 38" kits or you can buy the long sticks, corners and spline seperately. They come in bronze, white or silver. Just install it like you would any screen.

Coast to coast internal/external overflow with a bean drain. I'm going to make an attempt at attaching rock on the internal overflow that will connect to a large rock structure on the left side making it look as natural as possible and then create a shadow box background for a realistic infinite depth illusion. I'll also have a few smaller structures in the center and another larger structure to the right. That's the initial plan anyway. Here's a couple pictures to give you an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

709450d672e8d2ee8a68039b0d5e7cb1_zpswcdjxfof.jpg

74de38cecbdb16e41f9159cb05ecc0c5_zpseiwvl4bz.jpg

So after 6 weeks of copper and prazipro 18 of the 20 fish are in. Only two fish were lost. The gramma and diamond goby (unexplained). Nevertheless, that's pretty damn good, 90% survival rate. All the fish were from Creative Aquariums and I must say they are extremely healthy and energetic. Not a single fish hid when I put them in. I suspect they've all become used to each other from the previous six weeks. I fed mysis and pellets and everyone ate. Thank you to Tom and his staff. There was no way I could have done that many fish myself.

Here's a really crappy iPhone pic. Once things start to mature I'll bring the DSLR in and snap a bunch of quality photos. They're all juveniles so the tank still looks empty. Now I'll wait for some algae so I can get a clean up crew and other inverts in there. Then on to corals. It's been a fun project to say the least. But as I'm sure you guys know, it's a lot of work. :)

334BE93A-8A58-4E5B-96DB-FB4AB61151A3_zpsjzjz4c3z.jpg

Back