cycle question

midtownman

While I'm currently cycling my tank I'm running bio pellets,so is that a bit overkill? Keep in mind I'm already running a reef octopus that rated for a much bigger tank then mine

IMO if your just starting to cycle, running the bio pellets might hinder your progress because during the nitrogen cycle, the last stage is nitrates. Which we all know of. Now from my understanding, running biopellets is supposed to enhance the bioload of anerobic and aerobic bacteria to reduce nitrate and phosphates levels. You need both for it work properly. So running it now may not be the best option for you... I would let it run it's natural course and later on after 6 months start to run it. JMO of course.

Patience is the key my friend..... :)

imo if your just starting to cycle, running the bio pellets might hinder your progress because during the nitrogen cycle, the last stage is nitrates. Which we all know of. Now from my understanding, running biopellets is supposed to enhance the bioload of anerobic and aerobic bacteria to reduce nitrate and phosphates levels. You need both for it work properly. So running it now may not be the best option for you... I would let it run it's natural course and later on after 6 months start to run it. Jmo of course.

Patience is the key my friend..... :)
+1

I would of also waited on the pellets until the cycle was done and I started to put some livestock... Wtih no real bio-load at this time I dont see the need for it...

How's your tank doing with the biopellets? Are you still using them?

The bio pellets are set and forget! Nitrates and PO4 is zero and .04-.02 respectively. Now I ck only monthly these numbers.

I have not needed to refill any pellet since last September'ish!

The mos important aspect is that its one less thing to worry about.

Harry where does the output on ur reactor go? i have mine inline with my skimmer (its a recirculating type sp the reactor feeds the skimmer) i wonder how it affects the pellets

Harry where does the output on ur reactor go? i have mine inline with my skimmer (its a recirculating type sp the reactor feeds the skimmer) i wonder how it affects the pellets

My BioPellet Reactor input is after the skimmer and output is into a sock before the dual skimmers.

and its Dr. Harry young man.... j/k :lolspin: :hammer:

Back