cyclop eeze

rmw4547

I just spent a small fortune to have some frozen cyclop eeze sent to my house. The color of the Cyclops are quite impressive when you compare them to other frozen Cyclops. The fish and corals seem to like them to. I would like to hear any one who has long term experience with this product. Does it live up to the manufactures claims

The thing with Cyclop-Eeze is that it's not a manufactured product. It's really a really tiny type of 'pod that's bursting with nutrition, especially compared to brine shrimp. I haven't used it all that long, but I have the freeze-dried version and my fish love it. Although, the freeze-dried version is a pain because it floats from the lack of moisture. I usually soak it first. Because it's so small, it's great for all smaller fish, corals (even filter-feeders), and other stuff. Just make sure you turn off your pumps and stuff so it isn't skimmed out before it's eaten.

To sum things up, it's a highly-nutritious food source for carnivorous/omnivorous inhabitants of your tank.

There are other great foods, too. I hear DT's Oyster Eggs is supposed to be awesome, too. Especially for filter-feeders.

You can always mix these tiny foods into a homemade frozen fish food to add nutritional value.

I couldn't find Cyclop-Eeze locally so I had to settle for the cubed Cyclop.

The cyclop looks weaksauce compared to the original and my corals and fish seem to prefer the original. I'm not sure about the claims of better color and health but they sure go mad for the stuff.

my fish all go nuts when I just put the cyclops in the tank.

I once had the cyclopeze brand flakes, but nothing at all in the tank would even touch it, it would just float around and the fish would stear clear of it so I had to fish it back out with a net.

Cyclopeeze now has a "pelleted" version. It doesn't float for too long on the surface before it begins to sink, and doesn't sink too quickly. My fish go crazy for the stuff.

Kevin

Cyclop-eeze is one of the most nutritious foods you can feed your fish, corals and all other types of filter feeders. In fact, I soak it along with some baby brine shrimp and DT's in some Reef Solution and then target feed my cup corals and they react in a huge way.

Great food source for all things living in your tank IMO!!!!

I mix cyclo peeze with mysis and feed it to my sun and blk sun coral. I also mix brine with cyclop peeze and feed it to the rest of my coral and my fish. They love it!

Gdevine, do you mean your pagoda cup corals? Or a different cup coral.? I've got a pagoda cup that's been looking a bit unhappy. Maybe I just need to feed it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11615028#post11615028 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrSpiffy
Gdevine, do you mean your pagoda cup corals? Or a different cup coral.? I've got a pagoda cup that's been looking a bit unhappy. Maybe I just need to feed it.

I was referring to the Tubastraea Cup Coral. But try target feeding your pagoda they do eat ya know and I am willing to bet it's starving.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11615028#post11615028 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrSpiffy

Here you go; note the last sentence.

Turbinaria sp. vary in the amount of care they require. Those that are highly convoluted or thin plates are the most difficult to care for. Others, make excellent candidates for the novice reef aquarist. It is a peaceful reef inhabitant and does not bother other corals that are placed in close proximity to it. However, it should still be provided with ample space away from other corals because it does grow quickly. It will require moderate lighting combined with moderate water movement within the aquarium. For its continued good health, it will also require the addition of calcium, strontium, and other trace elements to the water.

It will benefit from additional food in the form of brine shrimp or plankton.

FEED YOUR PAGODA!

When you guys feed your coral do you actually see the polyps on your sps grab the Cyclop-eeze? The reason I ask is because I use coral frenzy and don't see any sps grab it, I want to make sure if im putting it in the tank they are benefiting off of it. Also how long do you let your corals feed with the main pump off?

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11616205#post11616205 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by speeddemonlsr
When you guys feed your coral do you actually see the polyps on your sps grab the Cyclop-eeze? The reason I ask is because I use coral frenzy and don't see any sps grab it, I want to make sure if im putting it in the tank they are benefiting off of it. Also how long do you let your corals feed with the main pump off?

You need to target feed. In other words, inject food particles directly into the mouth of the cup's polyps. You can do this a number of ways, the most obvious is use a syringe and turn off all flow. When the lights are out feed small bit of food over time hitting each polyp. After the first or second feeding effort, the polyps will open in response, and then any feeding after that is easy. You'll make them fat and happy. Some LFS sell long and telescoping "eyedropper" types of target feeders that makes it even easy.

At the end of the day; you're cups really need to be target fed 3 to 4 times a week.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11619519#post11619519 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by stevelkaneval
you could spend the 30 bucks on the teloscopeing one or you can get a turky baster for 2 bucks.

For the small spend on the telescoping target feeder and the ease it's well worth the $ in my opinion. Basters are good for "blowing" stuff off...

ive went so far as to glue a peice of air tube to the end and if your patient and you put the baster up you dont have to pump the ball at the end the stuff you have in it will sink to the end and come out slowly.

i've been using them for almost 2 years now. as a treat, kinda... i feed them every three days or so. everybody loves them and is in great shape.

I have to slice my freeze bar dt's into small chunks and add directly into tank so my yellow tang can engulf some before it melts into the water to feed the corals;shrimp, and crabs.I have a serpant starfish that can smell it or senses it as soon has it hits the water , and comes runnig out .
So all in all I say its a great food, the claim of better color and health plus the high nutrition value seems to be pretty accurate.
The paggoda cup coral thats unhappy might just be a water flow problem Did any thing change as far has water movement? These corals should most likely be fed during the day.
Dt's phyto plankton , or the frozen orster eggs are also great food , but be careful with the dt's I know for a fact that its real easy to over feed

Back