d2mini's "Essential Focus" Mixed Reef Build

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but do don't you run a UV sterilizer off your return line? I'm currently building a 120 SPS dominant reef tank, and have never ran UV before, but have planned to on this setup for the first time. Any feedback or recommendations on that? Any pictures of how you plumbed that in your system? Thank you.

I'm not sure if I'm imagining things, but do don't you run a UV sterilizer off your return line? I'm currently building a 120 SPS dominant reef tank, and have never ran UV before, but have planned to on this setup for the first time. Any feedback or recommendations on that? Any pictures of how you plumbed that in your system? Thank you.

Not to hijack someone's thread, but I have a 120 with a UV on the return.
I haven't updated the build in a while, but you can see what I did.
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2661614

Yes, there was a UV on the return. 25w AquaUV Classic.
There's pics of the sump area back in here somewhere.

Yes, there was a UV on the return. 25w AquaUV Classic.
There's pics of the sump area back in here somewhere.

Thanks sir. Did you remove the UV? If so, why did you remove it? I've never ran one in the 12 years I've been in the hobby, but just ordered one for my new build.

D

Back