*d2mini's new 200g Reeftastic Build*

Tank is almost here! Might ship out this week from DSA. Fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, progress has been uber slow, but I got a few things done. For one, I got the garage floor professionally coated/chipped.
Then I got a sink for the garage (had it plumbed during the house build) and hooked that up along with my RO/DI unit.

7073893913_720ab5d77a_o.jpg

6941129950_da5c71c3d5_o.jpg

6941130018_0448324de0_o.jpg

7087199563_a49fe513ab_o.jpg

7202832648_4d1e657a10_c.jpg

Now I'm investigating shelving options and leaning towards some commercial steel boltless shelving.
It's powdercoated so it will be rust resistive and the shelves are rated at around 1200lb capacity per shelf. These will go in that angled area to the left of the red tool chest and will hold a bunch of equipment.
But I may mix it up and also build some 2x4 shelving to hold some of the bigger items, especially if I go with a large rubbermaid sump.
:)

Man oh man, that garage looks GOOD!

Did you decide to not wall off the fish area from the rest of the garage?

Thanks, Richard!

Man oh man, that garage looks GOOD!

Did you decide to not wall off the fish area from the rest of the garage?
Thanks!
Ya, walling off the garage is last thing I want to do.
Temps have been in the high 80's and so far the garage has remained pretty comfy. The door is insulated and seals up tight, and two of the 4 walls are insulated. The garage also faces northeast. I'm currently looking at the EcoPlus line of commercial chillers. I think something like the 1/2 hp will cover my needs. And I am also thinking of installing an exhaust fan in the ceiling to help pull out the humidity and keep my tools from rusting. :thumbsup:

haha, ya well bikes and stuff were still outside. I hadn't gotten everything back into the garage. And now that angled corner left of the red tool chest is piled with reef stuff. But I do love my new floor! :D

Thanks! I don't get to ride it much these days, but at least it's payed off. ;)

So another small update:
I stopped by Tractor Supply last night just for looksies.... I gotta get this build moving so I figured sumps is the best place to start. I was looking at the big Rubbermaid stock tanks. I decided to get a 150g for the main sump, and I'll get a smaller 50g for a combination mangrove farm and frag tank. I'll pick those up tomorrow night. :)

Stopped by Tractor Supply tonite (one advantage to a long commute home to the country) to pick up two Rubbermaid stock tanks! One 150g and one 50g.
The 150 will be my sump with skimmer, live rock, cheato and then the 50 will be a mangrove/frag grow out tank. :)

This means I can actually start work on the "fish room" in the garage!

7224698858_0d8b683781_o.jpg

7224698758_1e199f0dac_o.jpg

Sweet! Very interested to see how you plumb the 50g. Thinking about doing the same thing myself. Am I seeing double or does your Prius have a twin. :D

haha, yeah when we moved out here we sold both gas guzzlers and got two loaded Prii. But mine's no longer a twin. It's already lowered on Eibach springs, has TRD Forged wheels, hitch for the bike rack, and more to come. :D

I think I'm just going to get cinder blocks to support the big 150g sump. Any reason not to do that and build a wood stand instead? Cinder blocks would be a lot easier.

Back