Dang Yellow watchman goby!!

Scott B

So, a couple weeks ago, my ywg got through the teeth on my suface skimmer and was chillin in my media basket. I got him out and put him back in the tank... all was good. A few days ago i noticed i hadnt seen him again for a couple days, so i check dthe media basket again and no sign of him, then i took it out to clean it and there he was all the way in the bottom of my rear chambers just chillin again. I tried for about an hour to get him to swim into my net, that barely fit, but no luck!! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him out of there and also how to keep him from somehow squeezing through the teeth on my surface skimmer?

Plastic window screen to keep him out. Don't know how you're gonna get him outta there. You could maybe use a hose and a pump and try to flood him out.

Yep, have had the same thing happen. Only way to get the fish out is drain the tank and tilt it so you can grab him. After the 2nd time I superglued a strip of black plastic all the way along the top of the back wall so that when the lid closes there is no room for the fish to jump through/over. The plastic I used was actully just a divider from a 3 ring binder that I cut to fit. Not sure why they like it back there but they do.

Yessir, home depot or lowes. Just regular screen for fixing a window. Just make sure its plasic and not metal.

Back