Dec 2nd Elections and MEGA RAFFLE!

December 2nd is our mega raffle and Board of Directors elections. This meeting will be at Elmer's Aquarium at 5:00pm. We need YOU to donate coral frags, anemones, used or new equipment. You will receive a free raffle ticket for each item donated up to 5 free tickets.

We REALLY NEED people to run for the Board of Directors. Currently there are only 5 of us willing to commit to another year of directing the club. Many people over the years have been burnt out trying to do everything themselves and the ones of us left holding the torch are getting there ourselves. WE NEED NEW BLOOD!!! So if you will commit we would love to hear from you.

Hi Jaime,
I missed the first raffle and I'm assuming everything you mentioned in this post is handled online? Somewhat disabled...just asking. Are there any minor roles that one could get their feet wet with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rough run down of the positions is as follows
President - Oversees all board meetings and general meetings, chief executive officer
Vice President - fills role of President when not in attendance
Secretary - keeps records, records board meetings
Web Master - Maintains our web site and online activity
Treasurer - Handles the money and accounts
Membership Director - maintains membership data base, produces member ship cards
Special Events Coordinator - In charge of special events outside regular meetings
Newsletter Editor - Writes and sends out the monthly newsletter
Raffle Coordinator - Solicits donations for our monthly raffles and runs the raffles.

Hi Jaime,
I missed the first raffle and I'm assuming everything you mentioned in this post is handled online? Somewhat disabled...just asking. Are there any minor roles that one could get their feet wet with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't like to think of any position as minor. According to our bylaws any officer must attend the board meetings or be removed after missing 2 board meetings without prior arrangements. Granted there are not many board meetings a year, probably 4 and in case of any emergencies. Positions whos duties are mostly handled online would be web master and news letter. LEt me know if you have more questions.

If you want to help or want to nominate someone that you know want to help out and take a board position. Please write a post about it here in this thread - that way ballots can be already be written out for the Dec meeting. Write ins will still be accepted at the meeting.

I will be bringing a few sumps/tanks, frags of frogspawn/ hammer, a skimmer body ( no pump) . What is everybody else bringing?

I got some zoas/palys that are attached to some egg crate from Kevinl, that I will cut up and bring. Some Kenya tree. Ice blue palys from Adam at The Reef Gallery. Jeff at Aqua World is giving me gift cards. A guy I know said he is bringing a big colony of those same palys. Maybe some Xenia/anthelia/blue xenia.

Probably some equipment.

Does anyone use Calcium Chloride. I have a 5 gallon bucket of it that Bill Burnet didn't want and so I picked it up. Is there any interest?

Any interest in a trio of Clownfish? A pair of Tomato clowns?

OK- we got a new person for the ballot for Treasurer = Mr. "Pittsburgh" has volunteered via PM. I will also PM Mr. Pdisner to see what they want to do.

Here is the positions and their duties as dictated by the current bylaws. In addition to those responsibilities outlined below those elected to office must also attend the actual board meetings. It's tough when nothing can get done because we do not have enough board members present to have a quorum. Granted there are not that many board meetings a year, but please be aware that it is important to be able to make the time to make the board meetings. Also if you are thinking about running for a position the requires you to be at certain events or meetings. For example, Secretary records all of the board meeting minutes, for them to not make any board meetings would certainly defeat the purpose. Or if the Raffle Coordinator never made it to any of the meetings with the raffle items or tickets. You get the idea. In the past we have had problems with people seeking positions and then crippling the rest of us by their lack of follow through with their duties. We really want new blood and new ideas, but also want to be transparent in what is expected from everyone who sits on the Board.

The officers of the organization shall be as follows:

President

Vice President

Secretary

Treasurer

Webmaster

Raffle Coordinator

Membership Director

Special Events Director

Newsletter Editor

President

· The President shall preside at all membership meetings.

· He or she shall by virtue of his or her office be Chairman or Chairwoman of the Board of Directors.

· He or she shall present at each meeting of the organization an update on the work of the organization

· He or she shall see that all books, reports and certificates required by law are properly kept or filed.

· He or she must be a signatory on all accounts.

· He or she shall be one of the officers who may sign the checks or drafts of the organization

· He or she shall be given access to all records, filings, assets and accounts on the organization

· He or she shall have such powers as may be reasonably construed as belonging to the chief executive of any organization.

Vice President

· The Vice President shall in the event or absence or inability of the President to exercise his or her office become acting president of the organization with all of the rights, privileges and powers as if he or she had been the duly elected president.

Secretary

· The Secretary shall keep the minutes and records of the organization in appropriate books

· It shall be his or her duty to file and any certificate required by any statute, federal or state.

· He or she shall give and serve all notices to members of this organization.

· He or she shall be the official custodian of all records and seals of this organization.

· He or she may be one of the officers required to sign the checks and drafts of the organization.

· He or she shall submit to the Board of Directors any communications which shall be addressed to him or her as Secretary of the organization

· He or she shall attend to all correspondences of the organization and shall exercise all duties incident to the office of Secretary

· He or she shall record the minutes of all board meetings.

Treasurer

· The Treasurer shall have the care and custody of all monies belonging to the organization and shall be solely responsible for such monies or securities of the organization.

· He or she shall cause to be deposited in a regular business bank or trust company all monies collected by the organization.

· He or she must be one of the officers who shall sign checks or drafts of the organization. No special fund shall be set aside that shall make it unnecessary for the Treasurer to sign the checks issued upon it.

· He or she shall at stated periods as the Board of Directors shall determine a written account of the finances of the organization.

· He or she shall exercise all duties incident to the office of Treasurer.

· Expenditures in excess of $1000.00 shall require the signature of the Treasurer AND one other officer.

· He or she shall document all funds collected at monthly meetings including, but not limited to raffle ticket donations and dues payments.

Webmaster

· The Webmaster shall maintain the website of the organization.

· He or she will appoint admins as necessary.

· He or she will negotiate website sponsorship.

Raffle Coordinator

· He or she shall be the keeper of the raffle donations.

· He or she shall select which items out of the organizations inventory will be raffled off at each meeting.

· He or she shall solicit donations to be added to the organizations raffle inventory

· With approval of the Board of Directors he or she may purchase items for the raffle

· He or she shall see that all monies collected by the donations of raffle tickets be given to the Treasurer or highest ranking officer after each raffle takes place.

Membership Director

· He or she shall issue membership cards to all new members and all recurring members

· He or she shall maintain the membership database including phone numbers and email addresses.

· He or she shall forward any membership dues collected to the Treasurer or presiding officer in the absence of the Treasurer

Special Events Director

· He or she may research and investigate possible special events for the organization. Upon approval of the Board of Directors, he or she will plan the events within the budget approved of by the Board of Directors.

·

Newsletter Editor

· He or she shall send out the newsletter by email to all members not less than one (1) week prior to the planned monthly meetings.

· He or she shall solicit articles for inclusion in the newsletter.

· The newsletter shall include an over-view of last month’s meeting, about us information, Topic of next meetings, Board meeting minutes, upcoming schedule and any other pertinent information.

Officers shall by virtue of their office be members of the Board of Directors

I've got a couple of 20L tanks that I'll be bringing. I may have some other equipment to get rid of as well. I need to clean out my fish room and see what is hiding in there.

- Ivan

Hey guys
Are the meetings always on Saturday nights? I am thinking of volunteering but Saturday nights are not good for me?

Yes- club meeting are on Saturdays... usually the second Saturday of the month. December is "different" due to the holidays. We are thinking about doing a "frag swap" in our area in Spring of 2019 - We will need volunteers for that. While the frag swap will be on a Saturday - the necessary leg work, phone calls, organizing, etc. will not. So, any help with that would be much appreciated.

Back