Did Finding Dory Make You Want a Blue Tang?

You All

You All

so I'm sure this thread has been made a million times and you've already heard things like this all before, but the other day at my job an elderly lady called me and asked if we sold dory fish for her grandson. I explained that we did but that I wouldn't be selling them for the next week due to the movie. She wanted more specifics about the blue tangs we sell and when I said how large they get she asked if we sell any that stay the size of a QUARTER. This lady obviously is out browsing for a blue tang but knows nothing about what she's getting herself into. Anyways! I made a video about blue tangs and tried to explain things like I was talking to a 5 year old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-chU9BQvZ4

I'm sure most people on here know about the blue tang but just in case any beginner aquarist are strolling around for a blue tang I highly recommend you look into what exactly you're thinking of getting, and hopefully choose something else haha.

Also, I'm speaking in layman's terms in this video. I did not use scientific names, or other sorts of terms that only hobbyist would recognize. So if expert fish keepers find things they don't 100% find accurate in this video understand my video was not to educate experts, but mere beginners who don't understand the basics of a blue tang.

Yeah, YOU ALL ! He HAW !

ROFL!
I needed a laugh, Dory is too seriously a mental case...she shoulda stayed in the institution.

I've got to get back to cleaning my 1 gallon of 10 beautiful unicorn tangs breeding in tank...thing sure gunks up fast!*

*have a sense of humor.

WOW Im with the rest and hope the 10g tank with the 2 tangs is a joke.
With that said 2 of the LFS here said they refuse to carry any until September because they said they were hobbyist long before they were store owner and refuse be responsible for the death of "Dory"

I want a blue tang so badly. My favorite fish! However, my 125 sadly isn't large enough. My LFS had one that was so tiny, maybe a half inch long. I was tempted to get it and either upgrade the tank or trade it when it out grew. But I knew that if I got it and couldn't upgrade the tank I still couldn't trade the fish... One day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just going to point out that Happyfishy didn't say they got their fish from petsmart, they said they got their 10g tank package and salt there.

Anyways, carry on.
popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emoticon.gif

I went to another fish store and ended up getting both a small Dory and a friend Bubbles for her.

I am pretty sure petsmart does not sell saltwater fish, just some supplies. So I would suspect happyfishy is a troll.

but yea, tony, i agree...troll all the way.

A 10 gallon tank??!!!
Happy fishy, that's incredibly irresponsible of the store to sell you that.

pssst, johnny, i have a really nice bridge and it's on sale, half off, today. just for yew. :)

Back