Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

Setting up float switch

Setting up float switch

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate the quick and helpful reply. I will try it tonight when I get home from work, and let you know if it works.

Sincerely, Milt

Archon Float Switch Setup

Archon Float Switch Setup

Ok, I setup the alarm as indicated in the previous reply but encountered a small issue. Every pump in my sump that I linked to the Alarm #1 float switch "œclosed" position shut off as I wanted. However, they did not come back on when the float switch "œopened" again. I went ahead and created a second alarm that would turn on those pumps when the float switch is in "œopen" position.

Please advise if this is ok, or there's a different way to have the pumps resume their function when the float switch "œopens" after a "œclosed" position triggers the pumps to shut off. Thanks crs751 for the help setting this up.

Did the alarm clear when the float returned to its normal position? The outputs that were tied to that alarm should have returned to their normal operation when the alarm reset.

Did you set up email notification for that alarm and did you receive notification that there was an alarm and if it cleared an email telling you that? I also believe I gave you some bad information regarding the Trip When Low. Leave this unchecked as it is only for temp/pH alarms. My bad. Let me know if this helps.

Float Switch Setup

Float Switch Setup

No didn't get an email notification, even though I checked it. No the alarm did not clear after the water level rose to "œopen" the switch. I do another test tonight when I get home from work.

Don't want to be a smart A but did you set up email on the setup tab in the Archon? That needs to be setup for the notification to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

can anybody tell me how to get the archon to reset

i use the button on the front with a paperclip and can't get it to run the setup to put in my network info

Archon Setup

Archon Setup

Yes I did setup my email on the initial setup page. I depressed the test button and will receive a test email. However, when the float switch tripped it didn't generate an email. I have since tried tripping it again but had not sent an email.

Thnx

Maybe try setting up a new alarm and apply it to the outputs you want to control. Don't check the box for on when low. I find some alarms can act up.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Alarm Glitch

Alarm Glitch

I don't know but maybe it was just a glitch. I have tested the alarm and everything went like was supposed to and even received an email alerting me of the alarm events triggered.

I have another question, when setting up my dosing pumps (DP1 modules) in the timer setup when I want to dose Ca just 20ml a day but I would like to split the dose to two times a day will the pump be able to dose such a low amount or do I just set it up to dose the full amount once a day?

Thanks

When I used to pump to dose vodka, I used the dose programming function within the DP1 module. Just put in the total amount you want to dose, the flow rate of the pump and how many times a day to dose. The Archon does the rest. I dosed as little as 5ml a day. It would be best to check the box for set up new timer when you program this function.

I find it works better that way. You can always rename it under the settings tab after you finish the programming.

FWIW I am currently getting awesome service from the DA support team!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

how is this possible? they dont answer or return phone calls and emails. their voicemail isnt even setup, just the lady robot voice asking to leave a message.

let me in on your secret please, i've been trying for weeks!

No idea, I contacted them by email on Saturday and Monday morning I had a email in my inbox with someone trying to help me fix the issue. Took about 4 or 5 emails back and forth over the course of a few days. ( I work weird hours and don't wake up till 4pm).

Whenever I responded the next day they emailed me the next steps to try.

It sounds like my experience may not be typical however I have nothing but good to say about how my issue was handled! Hopefully for anyone still having issues this is a sign of things to come.

Jason / nubbs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back