Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

n2585722 I have yet another question.

is it possible to login and monitor temps and look at graphs while maybe your at work and no where close to archon network?

n2585722 I have yet another question.

is it possible to login and monitor temps and look at graphs while maybe your at work and no where close to archon network?

I do it all the time. You will need a ddns service and have your router setup correctly to do this. I go over settings in the router on my build thread. I have a Asus router so yours might be a little different on setup.

Well I changed my internet provider again and am back in the same boat I was long time ago. I had same issue a few years back and don't recall how I resolved it. Can't find archon network on wi-fi to reprogram new Wi-fi settings. Powered down. Tried reset button. The archon does not show up when I look for it on wi-fi networks.
Any ideas anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I changed my internet provider again and am back in the same boat I was long time ago. I had same issue a few years back and don't recall how I resolved it. Can't find archon network on wi-fi to reprogram new Wi-fi settings. Powered down. Tried reset button. The archon does not show up when I look for it on wi-fi networks.
Any ideas anyone?

Got it. Was not hitting the reset button head on I guess. Better aim thin morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Archon wifi network should show up without resetting. I should be on all the time with newer software. On my iPad it does take a few minutes sometimes to actually show on the list. I guess the iPad has go go through all the channels to find it.

The Archon wifi network should show up without resetting. I should be on all the time with newer software. On my iPad it does take a few minutes sometimes to actually show on the list. I guess the iPad has go go through all the channels to find it.

Thanks.it is showing up now and I can get into it. Still have an issue connecting to my home WiFi network though. Double checked pass word and that is right but when I hit Update the archon just kind of stalls out on me. I'll keep trying but any tips are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using the correct security setting for your router?

I tried it with none, then each of the 3 options. Looked up the router and saw it works with either wpa or wpa2. I'm sure it's something dumb. I'm not a high tech guy, but gosh this is so simple and I have done it with 2 other wi-fi networks in the past.

I have my router setup for wpa2. It is an Asus router. I am not too familiar with the other brands though. The only other thing is making sure your password is correct. You do know that once the page is refreshed that your settings will disappear. This is normal.

Since we are on the router topic is there a way to switch my archon not to broadcast in 2.4ghz. Around my house the 2.4ghz is saturated. I use 5ghz for everything else.

I see that many of you are running 1.09.70, but I'm at '.68. It's been a long time since I upgraded, but, as I remember, the 'System' page used to tell me what version I was running and let me know if an update was available. I don't see that anymore--it just lists the Software/Hardware/Package versions.

What's the proper way to upgrade now, and should I risk it given the tenuous state of DA tech support?

-Phil

There may be more to it than just putting the current versions on you USB drive. I don't remember how far back that version was. Have you tried to contact DA support via email?

Anyone the files for factory reset an archon? Also instructions to calibrate salinity probe.
You should not need any files other than what is already on the USB stick to do a factory reset. Save what is on the USB stick to a folder on your computer first. Why do you need to do a factory reset?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Da

Da

You should not need any files other than what is already on the USB stick to do a factory reset. Save what is on the USB stick to a folder on your computer first. Why do you need to do a factory reset?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Thinking about buying a back up unit to have just incase. Still need to learn how to calibrate orp and salinity. Eric was helping me with that.

Salinity is a two point calibration. The first is probe in air. That is the 0 point. For the 35 point you will need the cal fluid. Pinpoint cal fluid will work for this. You will need to place both the salinity probe and the temp probe from the same SL2 placed in the cal fluid. Make sure it is close to your normal tank temp as temp will cause the reading to vary.

The ORP has to be done with the PortCalibrate() command for the Archon ports. I go through the PortCalibrate command on my build thread. Unfortunately I cannot post a link to it on this forum. One point is 0 on it this is the ORP input shorted without a probe connected. The other is usually 400 or what ever your calibration fluid is. I use a BNC terminator for the 0 reading I think it has a 50ohm resistor. It will more than likely be 50 or 75ohms either will work. The modules other than the Archon still have single point ORP calibration if they have the ORP input. Not sure why they took it off the Archon.

Back