Digital Aquatics Archon Owners Thread

Help - Forgot Password

Help - Forgot Password

Hi all,

I changed the default password on my archon setup and cannot remember it.

Can someone please help me get back in without having to reset up everything??

Much appreciated!!

Thanks

There is a file on the USB memory stick that has your password. I will have to look when I get back home and let you know the name and where it is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OK, if you haven't already pull the USB memory stick from the Archon and connect it to your computer and copy it to an empty folder on your computer drive as a backup. Be careful and make sure you just copy it. Now you can remove the memory stick from your computer and install it back into the Archon. No go to the folder where you saved the files and Select the "db" folder. There is a file "accesslist.txt" open this file. There should be a statement that starts with "admin=XXXXXXXXXX:XXXXXXXXXXX;. The first set of XXXXXXXX will instead on our file be the name the second set of XXXXXXXX will instead be your password. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much!

It worked, I’m now back in but now I have a new problem...

I had to setup my wireless settings on the archon.. once I hit save it restarts the Archon but doesn’t save the wifi settings..

To confirm, all I’m entering is the network, encryption and password..

Am I missing something ?

Why would the Archon restart. You can get to the setup page via the menu unless you have very old software. If you do I am not sure how you would go about updating it. It is more complicated that just coping the files to the memory stick.

Hello all, I'm new to the Archon controller, but am setting one up on a tank. I've searched this thread for answers but haven't found them. Please go easy on me - starting from scratch...

• Is there really no manual archived anywhere for download? I've searched high and low. I'd be grateful if anyone could share one they have backed up on their computer.

• I've read some discussion of running powerheads like jebaos at percentages, but I'm unclear on the hookup needed for controllable DC pumps and powerheads. How do you bypass the controller for the device? I haven't purchased pumps for this new system, so I'd like to find out if certain ones have compatibility with the Archon or other DA modules.

• Lastly, on the topic of pumps. Has anyone been able to turn pumps on an off without going through Archon's web GUI?

Thanks for your help!

Hello all, I'm new to the Archon controller, but am setting one up on a tank. I've searched this thread for answers but haven't found them. Please go easy on me - starting from scratch...

"¢ Is there really no manual archived anywhere for download? I've searched high and low. I'd be grateful if anyone could share one they have backed up on their computer.

"¢ I've read some discussion of running powerheads like jebaos at percentages, but I'm unclear on the hookup needed for controllable DC pumps and powerheads. How do you bypass the controller for the device? I haven't purchased pumps for this new system, so I'd like to find out if certain ones have compatibility with the Archon or other DA modules.

"¢ Lastly, on the topic of pumps. Has anyone been able to turn pumps on an off without going through Archon's web GUI?

Thanks for your help!

Google "Canopy and Stand Build for 42 Gallon Hex Tank" I cannnot post a link to it here. I go over setup and programming of the Archon in there. I do not use any pumps that can be controlled by the Archon other than power, but you will need the DCI module to interfaces to the Jebao pumps that can be controlled by the Archon. As far as a manual there are several versions of the firmware and the manual would not be compatible to all since the versions are so different.

I have an archon with old software that doesn’t allow WiFi settings to be entered on the setup page. Does anyone have any idea how I could update this?

I have an archon with old software that doesn't allow WiFi settings to be entered on the setup page. Does anyone have any idea how I could update this?
Eric that used to work for DA is the only one I know of.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I have the whole system working as is, but it has only one pb4 that will connect. I assume it is because the one that connects has 1.04 hex file installed and the two others I have are updated to 2.04. Does anyone have the hex file to flash a pb4 back to 1.04?

I have the whole system working as is, but it has only one pb4 that will connect. I assume it is because the one that connects has 1.04 hex file installed and the two others I have are updated to 2.04. Does anyone have the hex file to flash a pb4 back to 1.04?
Are they PB4's or PC4's?

I have 2 pb4 and 1 pc4. Only 1 pb4 will detect on the archon. It’s on 1.03 firmware. (Sorry, previous post said 1.04, that was incorrect.) the other pb4 and pc4 are on 2.04 but will not show up when connected. I checked the serial numbers and they are all different so I don’t think that is an issue.

I have 2 pb4 and 1 pc4. Only 1 pb4 will detect on the archon. It's on 1.03 firmware. (Sorry, previous post said 1.04, that was incorrect.) the other pb4 and pc4 are on 2.04 but will not show up when connected. I checked the serial numbers and they are all different so I don't think that is an issue.
Have you tried them one at a time and see if it recognizes them. I will look up the firmware for each when I get home. The firmware is not compatible between a PC4 and PB4. You would need myReef and a SID to update firmware. The SID didn't come with a Archon but is needed to update module firmware. myReef is not compatible with the Archon itself. I don't think it would matter about the firmware on a PB4 as long as it is correct for the module. On the PC4 it has not changed in a very long time.

OK current PC4 firmware is 2.04. The PB4' could be either 2.04, 2.05 or 2.06.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the Sid. For whatever reason the archon decided to start recognizing both of my pb4. I’m getting closer every day. I have the old software that doesn’t have a setup page so I’m going to have to figure out where the time offset is in the files. No way am I starting over with setup.

Back