Diy 20l

whats on that magnet mount, top pick, left hand side? its fuzzy and kind of red

GSP, It's the original frag and it's just there to recover from 8 months of being closed up due to hermits, once it's green again I'll trade that along with the small leather for one last frag of sps, then I plan on letting everything grow out.

Anyone out there have any suggestions on what to get?

ic hopfully it will open for u! one last question... untill i come up with something else, lol... is the return the only flow in the tank or are u using something else also? i know in a few pics u are but doesnt seem so in the newer pics.

ic hopfully it will open for u! one last question... untill i come up with something else, lol... is the return the only flow in the tank or are u using something else also? i know in a few pics u are but doesnt seem so in the newer pics.

I experimented with flow in the beginning and the primary goal was to keep the leather standing up, with out proper flow it just topples over. Yes it is the only flow in the tank and I have about 15x turnover, low flow has always worked for me and I do not plan on adding any PH's. Also I have about 10 gallons in the sump and that equates to a very high turnover 27x for the sump.

Last edited:
Anyone out there have any suggestions on what to get?

I would personally get sunset monti. I've never really attempted SPS due to their requirements, but sunset monti has always been one of my favorite corals.

I love the setup you have, and thanks again for all the great pictures!

I would personally get sunset monti/QUOTE]

that a serious suggestion! that coral is almost 60 to 75 for a square inch piece or less!!

if ur going to try this stuff try finding someone thats fraging for cheap!

for the money if ur going to spend some dough id go with a nice chalice, if u stick it near the return flow, or blastomussa or open brain, because of the low flow.

FTS: 5.23.10

DSC_0047.jpg

Sweeper PO a shroom:

DSC01165.jpg

RIP:

DSC01180.jpg

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1854929

I would love to get a sunset monti, but have never seen one at the LFS. We'll have to see what happens. I'm thinking about removing all the mushrooms on the right side of the tank and adding much more than the 1 frag I had planned on.

I'm probably going to get a GEN-X 1000 LPH pump for my DIY skimmer for $25, unless someone has reason not to.......

New addition 6.1.10:
DSC01225.jpg

He's a scooter blenny, I'm not going to get into the whole Dragonet thing. He looks good, constantly picking at the substrate for food but will not accept anything from me. Hopefully he will come around some time soon, I got my fingers crossed.

Here's the skimmer I recently built. I ran it for 24 hours and found out that with the herbie style drain the skimmer was a no go. Don't get me wrong it worked great!, I just had some foresight and saw problems down the road with the drain setup. I dismantled it today and built another one out of the same parts, it's just a venturi driven and considerably smaller.

DSC01297.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

Nice tank, absolutely beautiful. I love the clowns hosting in the leather. How long did it take before they hosted it?

Nice tank, absolutely beautiful. I love the clowns hosting in the leather. How long did it take before they hosted it?

Thanks Chris, They took a few weeks to start hosting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

V 2.0:
DSC01306.jpg

Just installed:
DSC01307.jpg

Back