DIY Frag Rocks / Disks

BeanMachine

I was about to buy two round domed frag mounts and was like, why am I paying $20 a piece plus shipping for this? $45 total?

I can buy a 50lb box of modeling clay for less than $40 online. Anyone know of a good site to order some? I don't care what color. Least expensive would be awesome.

Anyone know a place in OC that will fire some pieces I will make?

Thanks!

I was about to buy two round domed frag mounts and was like, why am I paying $20 a piece plus shipping for this? $45 total?

I can buy a 50lb box of modeling clay for less than $40 online. Anyone know of a good site to order some? I don't care what color. Least expensive would be awesome.

Anyone know a place in OC that will fire some pieces I will make?

Thanks!

Hey Cody, I've been having a lot of success just using marcos cement for my big frag rocks/plates. Super easy and it dries overnight.

That's not a bad idea. Hmmm

Yup, if you have ever used it, you know you can mix different amounts of water to get it to be a thick fluid you would pour into a mode, or less to create the clay consistency you are talking about here. It's very versatile and reef safe.

Best of all, it's a coraline magnet, so it disappears into your scape easy.

Yup, if you have ever used it, you know you can mix different amounts of water to get it to be a thick fluid you would pour into a mode, or less to create the clay consistency you are talking about here. It's very versatile and reef safe.

Best of all, it's a coraline magnet, so it disappears into your scape easy.

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I can peel them off the plastic LOL! I used a piece rubble rock inside so I didn't have to use as much cement.
6d85c08e1fe7b3cf09670cd75488dd9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will come off easy. Next time just spray some Pam oil spray from you local grocery store ;)

It will come off easy. Next time just spray some Pam oil spray from you local grocery store ;)

Thanks. I read that online, but wasn't sure if that was safe. Was also going to try vasoline. They actually came off really easy. Really flat on the bottom. It worked out perfect. I've got one more bucket to play with when I have time.

Back