Time: 1pm-4pm

DIY Activities Planned:
- PVC Skimmer Assembly
- Glass Tank Drilling
- Designing and Building a Sump
- Mesh-Modding a Needle-wheel Skimmer Pump
- Auto Top-Off Overview

Stay tuned for more details!

Johnny's RE is a nice shop and I am sure the workshop will be worth the drive. I have only been to the shop once but everything looked nice and the owner is a great guy who takes pride in his specimens. He also isnt pushy bc he runs the business out of a kennel and doesnt have to make the sales to pay the bills (the kennel has been around for awhile).

Sounds cool. I would like to bring my skimmer pump and do the mesh mod on it. I have been holding off because I don't have a kill-a-watt meter.

Hello...

Thank you for the kind words.

Johnny's Reefing Experience is located inside the K-9 Country Club at 414 Lumbertown Rd, Normal, IL. The phone number is 309-451-6347. Mapquest, Google, and Yahoo should all be able to locate and provide directions to the address.

We will provide more detailed information regarding the event as the date approaches. We are still in planning mode, but wanted to get the information out as soon as possible so folks can plan accordingly.

Cheers!
Ben Zimmerman - BNARC Secretary

It's been brought to my attention that I gave the wrong phone number. The number is actually: 309-451-3647 or 309-451-DOGS.

Sorry!
- Ben

This event is THIS SATURDAY!!!

BNARC members are allowed to bring an aquarium or skimmer pump to drill or mesh-mod at the end of the workshop. We will have the club's diamond bits and mesh material on hand. There will be a $10 donation collected from those wishing to participate to help cover expenses.

As always, you may become a BNARC member at the event and enjoy member savings at JRE!

Schedule:
1:00 - 1:30 - Sump Build Demonstration - Brad L.
1:30 - 1:45 - Break
1:45 - 2:15 - Glass Tank Drilling - Rick
2:15 - 2:30 - Break
2:30 - 3:00 - Skimmer Build - Dave
3:00 - 3:15 - Break
3:15 - 3:30 - Mesh Mod Demonstartion & Auto Topoff Disucssion - Brad L. & Ben
3:30 - 4:00 - Members Allowed to DIY On-Site

We are giving away the DIY skimmer as a door prize.

Johnny's Reefing Experience is just north of I-55. It's a nice store with nice corals at a good price. John's a great guy.

Two questions:

Can anyone go or do you have to be a member?

If I do go, do I have sign up somewhere or can I just show up?

Hello!

Anyone is welcome. You simply need to be a member to receive a door prize ticket. Members are also given a 10% discount at JRE on everything in stock, including dry goods (except Tunze, I believe). He stocks all the popular drygoods and is near internet pricing already, so it's a nice perk.

No need to sign up in advance.

Cheers!

- Ben

Yes, even dogs. BNARC members are offered the 10% off boarding and daycare. The K-9 Country Club is the largest dog kennel in the state. John is gracious to allow us use of his great facility.

Our annual membership fee is $15. We'll have temporary member badges for anyone signing up for membership that day.

Cheers!

- Ben

great to hear...do they offer Dog Training classes and if so could you pm me some details.
Carl

Yes, they offer dog training. Not sure on the details...I'd call the number above (309-451-DOGS) and ask for details.

Cheers!

- Ben

Back