Do those who have pulisng xenia regret putting it in their tank?

I just saw a head pop up in the sand randomly... Seeing a massive rock full of this at LFS was what helped me get back in the hobby... LOVED IT! But already a couple months later I know I'm gonna have problems. Moving it to a standalone tank to let it take over since I do still like it.

Thanks for all the replies guys! Ill show her this thread and ket her make the decision. I just dont like going iff google results as its usually just bad feedback/reviews. No one really complains abiut good stuff lol nice to hear first hand experiences

Yeah I do still like it... But I know it will be an irreversible problem some day.

I got mine from a local guy who was offering it free for whoever wanted to cut it out of his tank. Its almost impossible to COMPLETELY remove from rocks. And I ended up getting a ton and it felt like I hardly made a dent in his.

I am planning on putting my Xenia in a 2nd DT... 20g... And just letting it run wild. That way I can have my Xenia fix without it taking over the main tank. Might be a thought?

It will grow all over the tank, dropping pieces, etc. I have found aptasia x will kill it, also injecting it with vinegar works well. That is how it tried to keep it in check, but it is a job. I have let it take over in my clown tank, they host it and love it..

Only reason im even slightly considering her getting some is i spend hours upon hours each week looking at the tanks top and bottom. Ive got the eye for hunting down bubble algae and eradicating it lol so when the xenia decides to spawn ill be able to get rid of it while its a tiny head, if its in a spot i can see tho

Yeah, just watch out for it sprouting a tiny head where it's a pain to kill.. Like in the middle of a zoanthid colony you like.
01bb8ee971dfe1f08ed343efeb6d6f51.jpg

Not trying to talk you out of it, more just griping about my problem [emoji3]

Back