do you name your fish?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15490611#post15490611 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Servillius
I'm going to make a prediction fueled by sheer, magnificent, mind-boggeling psychic power...

My girlfriend will be on this thread in the next 48 hours telling you all the names of every single thing in my tank that moves.

Prepare to be amazed.

I am actually "laughing out loud" as the kids say.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15490843#post15490843 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Cozmo420
My kids have named just about all of mine. They strangely have provided them all very human names. The BJ Jawfish is Jerry, the Yellow Watchman is Chuck, the Blue Flasher Wrasse is Barney, the Foxface is Eric. You'd think kids (ages 2, 3 and 5) would come up with names that are a bit more "kiddy", right?

I'm sorry but that is hilarious.

Every single one.

In the cichlid tank... I have 4 large Clown loaches... each a little larger than the last... and they are 1 of 4, 2 of 4, 3 of 4, and 4 of 4... respectively... lol

I have names like my FlameHawk is Vut. Vut... you have to say it out loud.. and fast... like a sound effect... VUT! There he goes!

2 Black and white Clown fish... Bella and Edward, apperently from that vampire movie... Lawnmower Blenny, named Lenny... Lenny the Blenny. Skunkboy, sharkbait, pinchy (banded shrimp), Big Red, Emeril the emerald crab... Token, Lemondrop, Cracker, Skittles, Smudge...

Oh, and a Plecostimus in the fresh tank, names Zoidberg... lol

I don't name my fish, but my office mates sometimes do.
So my Banded Coral Shrimp is "Scorpious".
And after the price of my Flame Angel was calculated at $3700/lb he was dubed "Precious".

I had a lawnmower blennie that was named "Lenny"

and of course the clown fish are "Nemo" to every kid that walks by. I always tell them "No, thats Marlin and Coral" :)

Phil

222967All_the_Fishies_Named-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Servillius
I'm going to make a prediction fueled by sheer, magnificent, mind-boggeling psychic power...

My girlfriend will be on this thread in the next 48 hours telling you all the names of every single thing in my tank that moves.

Prepare to be amazed.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15491693#post15491693 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by small alien
I am actually "laughing out loud" as the kids say.

And bite me Serv. :p At least I posted a pic.

Wuvvlez

That being said, if you need help naming I'm happy to!! :D

Last edited:
Fox face=Gary
Lt Tang=Russell
Female ocellaris=Latifah
male=ocellaris=nemo (named by my dtr)
Tomini=Wanda
6 line=Marley
6 chromis=collectively known as blue fish

I had a harder time naming my children. My first daughter shares the name of my husband's ex-girlfriend. It was the best we could come up with at the time.

My wife named my fish, so I call them by their names. The only disagreement we have is with the Naso, she calls it "Angelina" for the big lips and I call it Captain Thunder, because he's a tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15491973#post15491973 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Teelabrown
222967All_the_Fishies_Named-1.jpg

i like the name woo-tang lol. i haven't really named any of my fish. i think i'm going to start :D.

Sure! My Yasha Hashe "white ray" goby is named Raymond. My pet sitter named the sexy shrimp "Dotty" because of her speckled carapace. It takes a while, but they eventually name themselves.

Woo-Tang is about to be renamed "Sushi" if he doesn't stop stealing food out of the Duncan's Coral's mouth...

I name all my fish. Well when the tank was just mine I named them, now the kids name them.
Past names?

2 blue damsels. 1 named Damsel the other named Distress
lion fish = Mufassa
bi color angel = Gabrielle
pair of clowns = Bonnie & Clyde
leopard shark = Lord Sidious
picasso trigger = Bad Mother...... for killing lord sidious less than 24 hours after being added to the tank.
poor mans moorish idol = sharkbait OO HA HA (yes i know it's the name of the wrong fish, but can't tell my kids that)
coral beauty angel = Aerosmith Gold (don't get it but my 10 yr old loves the fish and the band)
blue tang = Dory

these are just the names of the fish I can remember in the last 10 years or so.

Back